JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's the deal with P-mags not falling freely out of my rifles? Just bought a couple more last night and they insert just fine but wont drop. They have to be manually removed. Is it the mags or the lowers? I really hate these things, always have, would much rather have GI mags. Can I sand down the mags a bit to make em work better?
I have a ton of steel mags you're welcome to try out, no idea on brand. Trade them 1:1 if you like them.

What's the deal with P-mags not falling freely out of my rifles? Just bought a couple more last night and they insert just fine but wont drop. They have to be manually removed. Is it the mags or the lowers? I really hate these things, always have, would much rather have GI mags. Can I sand down the mags a bit to make em work better?
There is a ridge that can be sanded down to allow them to be drop free.

Really easy fix and takes the perpendicular edge of a razor knife and 2 minutes.

While the video is the AICS, the location is the same.

There is a ridge that can be sanded down to allow them to be drop free.

Really easy fix and takes the perpendicular edge of a razor knife and 2 minutes.

While the video is the AICS, the location is the same.

Think I'm gonna try this route....

I always giggle at these threads ( I'm left handed, "grip and rip" with my right thumb hitting the release is how I do AR mag changes )....
Now....to the problem...
It's a $10 mass produced piece of plastic....you will have some that are on either side of "in spec", it happens....as Stomper said, lightly sand down the high spots and run 'em.

I always giggle at these threads ( I'm left handed, "grip and rip" with my right thumb hitting the release is how I do AR mag changes )....
Now....to the problem...
It's a $10 mass produced piece of plastic....you will have some that are on either side of "in spec", it happens....as Stomper said, lightly sand down the high spots and run 'em.

I HATE these f-ing mags.....

Were they in a bin by the checkout at Costco? "Hmm, $6 each in a pack of 50? - I'm gonna buy me one."

It was all impulse....maybe some beer involved....;).......its not like I actually needed them, was just trying to support my local shop in these weird times

He can back it up to, I was pretty bubblegumty.....

you're welcome.

Think I'm gonna try this route....
It's the easiest. I had some cheap magazines by another brand and they were so tight I couldn't get them in the mag well.

Took off just enough there to make them snug but also drop free

you're welcome.

Yeah, THANKS for that....Wish I woulda seen it earlier

Do some research before you jump on those Center Industries magazines. It seems like they have all or most of the military contract, but have had problems in the past. Some say good and some say BAD. I am not trying to discourage anyone, but I did look at the internet posts and reviews and they make me want to stay away from them. As always, it is your choice to make.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top