Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

+ P for Glock 19s?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by subman681, Apr 25, 2010.

1. subman681

subman681 McMinnville, Oregon Member

I've purchased a G19 and was reading through the owner's manual. I didn't recall reading any restrictions against the use of +P type ammo.
    Does anyone know whether the use of this type of ammo would create any issues?
    Thanks for your assistance.
    John 3:16

2. nwhpfan

nwhpfan Hopville Active Member

I wouldn't worry about it. LE agencies and scores of other shooters have been shooting +P out of their G19 for years and if there was a problem, I'm sure their would be some reports out there.

3. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

All Glock 9mms are designed as military arms to use NATO Spec loaded cartridges, which is the high end of +P+. Use of commercial +P+ should be no problem, and has no history of problems. The legendary "kaboom Glocks" have all been traced back to hotrod reloads, as far as I have heard.............................elsullo

4. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

Correct except for the 40 cal when it first came out. Glock did some work on later versions to strengthen the pistols in that caliber in next generations.

5. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

I shoot +p in all my Glocks and I've never had a problem . As many LEO that use them I would say that it is not an issue .

6. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

There is no high end to +P+, +P+ is any pressure over the +P rating, it can be 10 cup over, or 1,000,000 cup over :D

7. subman681

subman681 McMinnville, Oregon Member

Thank you to all that provided great information and assurance.
    Have a Great Day!
    St. John 3:16