JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$125
City
Olympia
State
Washington
Zip Code
Umm yeah. I still haven't needed to use this. My sub is still in the shop and I'm not headed to space anytime soon. Not into mining.

If you get the new Covid-21 China is releasing just in time for Christmas, this could save your life by providing the extra O2 needed. (That was a joke- it burns pretty hot)

New and weighs 50-60? lbs.

Be the first in your neighborhood to own one.

No shipping. Must meet at the Summit Lake Park and Ride off Hwy 8.

Picture 033.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Umm yeah. I still haven't needed to use this. My sub is still in the shop and I'm not headed to space anytime soon. Not into mining.

If you get the new Covid-21 China is releasing just in time for Christmas, this could save your life by providing the extra O2 needed. (That was a joke- it burns pretty hot)

New and weighs 50-60? lbs.

Be the first in your neighborhood to own one.

No shipping. Must meet at the Summit Lake Park and Ride off Hwy 8.

View attachment 777790
what does this do?

When the little masks drop in the airplane and you pull it down to your face, a miniature version of this will be triggered. You can't see it because it's in the overhead panel. They do burn really hot, but while burning they not only self oxidise, they produce excess O2 while they're at it.

If an airplane's worth of them are stowed in the cargo area of another aircraft improperly, they can burn hot enough to take the airplane down, as happened to ValueJet.

They are a damn nifty thing IMO.

When the little masks drop in the airplane and you pull it down to your face, a miniature version of this will be triggered. You can't see it because it's in the overhead panel. They do burn really hot, but while burning they not only self oxidise, they produce excess O2 while they're at it.

If an airplane's worth of them are stowed in the cargo area of another aircraft improperly, they can burn hot enough to take the airplane down, as happened to ValueJet.

They are a damn nifty thing IMO.
Yeah someone left a rubber glove I guess in the canister when they were making it at the factory on the "Value" Jet one. Hopefully this doesn't have a rubber glove inside.

Yeah someone left a rubber glove I guess in the canister when they were making it at the factory on the "Value" Jet one. Hopefully this doesn't have a rubber glove inside.
Maybe I'm mixed up, but one that crashed in FL had a bunch of used canisters without safety pins reinstalled piled in with some used landing gear and shrink-wrapped to several pallets, and one or more of the pyros to set off the canisters got triggered, starting a fire that included not only an excellent source of pure O2, but magnesium wheels and rubber tires. The used parts were being flown from a maintenance site - I'm uncertain if the donor aircraft was also a ValueJet property but I wouldn't be shocked.

File that under "what could go wrong" I guess.

Those candles def are excellent if a person has an application though.

Where did you get it? I searched and didn't see any in 3 minutes of looking.

I could of swore I read an NTSB report about the glove. Maybe that was another failure. Or my mind is playing tricks on me. I bought it at a gun show years ago. That's all I know about it. I would think that you would need a scrubber to breathe it. I guess if you are stuck in a mine with no air you would.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top