JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I picked up a set of AR Torque-Thrust D rims... no cracks or anything, but they're pretty oxidized and possibly even pitted. I was going to use them on my car but decided that they're wrong, so a spit-shine and flip is in order.

They came off a wrecked 67 Mustang that had been sitting for a looong time and as such had/have a lot of oxidation on em. I've cleaned em up as well as I can and it's pretty obvious that I'm not getting away without some more aggressive tactics... there will be sanding and polishing involved.

What do you use to make aluminum oxide and curb rash go away? I'm gonna start w 400 grit wet/dry and see where that gets me... damn it was hot and muggy today. More of the same tomorrow, I'll start earlier.

Curb rash is tough man. But Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish works great for lots of polishing jobs. I'be done a few Glock barrels and countless mil-spec AR trigger kits.

Unless these are high dollar wheels just sell them as they are. By the time you are done wet sanding you will have worked your way up to 2000 grit then comes the polishing to a mirror finish.

Might just raise your Ford up, set it on jack stands, place the wheels on the rear axle and let it idle in gear. As the wheels spin, you can use a nib file to remove the curb rash. The rest is a polishing bonnet or pad on a buffer. Eastwood or KBS Coatings would have paint to closely match the original.

just sell them as they are.
I'm starting to think that's what I'm gonna do. I'll spend some time with em this morning, but if I cant see some results pretty quickly they'll go on Craigslist "as is".

Might just raise your Ford up...,
It's actually an old Chrysler... they share the 5x4.5" bp with Fords.
It was really sad to see that old Mustang go to the scrapper though... small block, T5 trans, a LOT of good trim, unpitted chrome, good (not rusty) gas tank, disc brake 9" rear, somebody really loved that car at one point.

Look for a plating shop and get a quote to polish them. They have machines and methods to do the job efficiently. Another idea would be to have them bead blasted, and just have a matte finish.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top