JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Damn! I'm seeing this being passed around but no solid verification. Has anyone seen anything that backs this up?

Supposedly took a car exhaust nap yesterday just prior to sentencing.

Shame but, this is not something "new". I knew a guy well who got on the bad side of the Gov back in the late 70's, early 80's. He was selling suppressor "kits" mail order. He was early to this game back then. He first started doing it at shows. Many sat back and watched for a while to see what was going to happen. When the Gov let it go a lot jumped in. Soon he was making autosears too. All went along for a good while. Then the Gov made it clear they were no longer amused. If he had folded his tent and called it a win he would have gone on happy. Instead he went nuts. He started reading the "gold and silver" stuff. Then became his own lawyer. He had a great time poking the bear for a year or more. Then the bear bit and bit hard. His solution then was to run. He left the country and still kept poking the bear from afar. Finally got to spend time at club Fed. Flash forward many decades and here we go again. Is this "right" or "fair"? IMHO NO! Does this make the guys who are now in trouble "feel better" that I don't think this is fair? Doubt it.

That whole play stupid games…..

Win stupid prizes.

C9B27B51-6B1C-4E57-80BE-447185D2159B.jpeg

I fail to see one bit of humor to be found in this.

I may be ignorant, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't building your own suppresor from parts and the kits he was selling perfectly legal... until the alphabets sat the wrong way on a railroad spike and decided they were not going to allow it, any more?

I didn't keep up on the DM news, but where did he run afoul? Did he fail to comply with the cease and desist order?

If it's true, I won't comment on his choice, but what exactly lead up to it? Over zealous prosecution that ruined a mans life or did he in fact try and thumb his nose at them and willfully break the law?

I may be ignorant, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't building your own suppresor from parts and the kits he was selling perfectly legal... until the alphabets sat the wrong way on a railroad spike and decided they were not going to allow it, any more?

I didn't keep up on the DM news, but where did he run afoul? Did he fail to comply with the cease and desist order?

If it's true, I won't comment on his choice, but what exactly lead up to it? Over zealous prosecution that ruined a mans life or did he in fact try and thumb his nose at them and willfully break the law?
Can't speak for the one who put up the cartoon, don't know if they find this "funny" or they are just trying to make the same point I did. This is NOT something new. The Gov made it clear decades ago that they were not amused by this. Again I do not think its fair or right but, does not matter how I feel or think. There was a clear history of what the Gov was willing and capable to do if you do this. These guys did it anyway because it made money. I have no idea if they were ever warned by the Feds. I do not think of myself as super smart but I knew better. Now some more must know better.

I don't know for sure, but what I heard was he was playing both sides. He was selling both solvent trap parts and Form 4 supressors and parts using the same parts.

Regardless, its pretty sad what the alphabets can do to you for essentially tax and paperwork discrepancies.

I didn't keep up on the DM news, but where did he run afoul?
Super short version:

They worked together to billed and test components to improve the performance of the part DM made, in initial filings the .gov alleged that included shipping drilled parts back to DM and new parts shipped back, also allegations that they provided drilled kits for cash to people that may have not had a stamp. They discussed having unregistered FA firearms and texted each other on how to do what they were doing without the .gov catching them. Money laundering /income tax evasion was also alleged.

Now, before you get all focused on the 'alleged' part keep in mind that until someone is convicted, it's all alleged, but that being said the .gov laid out the case and provided evidence and all three of them looked at what the .gov had lined up and decided going "Yep, that's me, I'll take the plea" was the best course of action for them.

Last Edited:
I laughed…. Cause it's not surprising. And actions have consequences. I'm not laughing at the fact that he took his own life. Let's be clear on that.

He made the choice to go into the ground instead of going to prison. That was a decision he had to weigh.

It would be equivalent to me laughing at a post where a individual got shot after fighting with the police…. Not laughing at the loss of life. But what do you expect.

Really….

I also have a very dark sense of humor that I'm not going to apologize for.

Well, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of those willing to do so.

How often do we see 'I won't comply'
A lot of bumper stickers/talk but not much follow through. At least this guy walked what he preached. Whether we agree with it or not.

Thanks for the info. That makes a bit more sense now... and yeah... stupid games, stupid prizes.

Has anyone heard if he actually did take the room temperature challenge over prison.. or still just rumors at this point?

Thanks for the info. That makes a bit more sense now... and yeah... stupid games, stupid prizes.

Has anyone heard if he actually did take the room temperature challenge over prison.. or still just rumors at this point?
Nothing from a reputable news source as of yet. Only chatter on the gun boards and YouTube vids.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top