JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I understand this is asking a ton, but people have been so friendly here already I thought I'd bring it up. I own a G21. I love it, but my wife and I are now getting our CHL and would like something smaller. I am interested in the 27, 30, or might even consider an xd. I have had offers on my G21 already (I haven't even listed it), and I want to pick something up at one of the upcoming shows. However, I don't feel comfortable purchasing without having shot one first. My handgun experience is pretty low. I've probably shot ~400 rounds with handguns in my life, 200 of them in my g21. So what I'm wondering is if there is anyone that would let me and my wife shoot your subcompact? We are living in Albany while I attend school, but can travel within ~1hr for the chance to do this. We will bring our own ammo, or reimburse for it and buy lunch. Again, this is probably unorthodox, but I don't know any other way to try them out before buying.
Thanks.

edit: The 29 is also in the mix. So any 29's out there?

Thanks for the offer Phillyfan. I have had the pleasure of shooting the full size XDM. The ergonomics were real nice, but I felt the bore sat too high for me. I'm really looking at the 27/29/30. My brother-in-law loves the xd .40 so I promised him I'd take a shot with it if I ever got the chance (see what the fuss is all about).

I myself sold off my 27 and went with the 30. I like the recoil much better out of the .45 vs. the .40 all around and not just in sub guns. I have a buddy that frequents the indoor in Lebanon, I will touch base with him. He is also on this forum so I may have him get in touch with you. I could meet up and I would be more than happy you let you shoot my G30.

I used to have a G27 and now I have a G23. The G27 is snappier because it's a smaller gun and you don't have the same hold on it when compared to a bigger frame gun like the G23. You could get the G27 and get a 9mm conversion barrel for it for like a $100 from Lonewolf and practice with that and carry it in the .40 for self defense. The G27 is much easier to conceal carry as you probably know. I do however like the XD triggers better and I recently decided to buy another pistol and my options were a G27 Gen4 or a XD40 V10 and I decided to go with the XD because of the trigger, the looks, something different, and of course the ergonomics of the pistol. I just don't really care about the "subcompacts" anymore to be honest with you. I have big hands and it might be easier to carry but I just don't like having my pinky finger dangling.... yeah there are mag extensions and stuff but that would change the size of the subcompact IMO. If you get the G27 with the conversion barrel, all you need are some factory 9mm Glock mags and you are good to go.... also that way it's a little cheaper when you go shooting and you have two guns in one package. Not to mention you have 33 round capacity if it's ever needed lol just saying.

I carry a 27. As biggie menitoned, it is snappy. So mush so that I got a "raspberry" on my thumb knuckle when going through a box of rounds. A buddy of mine has a 26 and I've considered exactly what biggie mentioned - getting a 9mm barrel for it (with a 26 mag) and practicing with it, and then carrying it with the 40. I know that a lot of people say practice what you carry, but..... My son picked up an xdm in a 3.8. After shooting it I'm seriosly considering "retiring" my 27 to the safe and getting one of those xdm's. I like the trigger pull on the xdm much better than the 27. And it didn't have the "snap" of the 27 either. Seemed to feel a little better when shooting it too. I'd suggest shooting both before buying if you get the chance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top