JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
DEMOCRAT !!!
Yep, I have tried to tell people this since this crap started. Mask and gloves are worthless if you spread the crap all over taking them off, which a LOT of people do.
This is me when I deal with people who are positive for it at work. Just another day at the office :D
This was just when Fit Testing to make sure all worked. When we go in the rooms we have gowns covering us too. Then all has to come off the correct way to make sure we do not contaminate ourselves taking the damn PPE off.

Cov19.png

Yep, I have tried to tell people this since this crap started. Mask and gloves are worthless if you spread the crap all over taking them off, which a LOT of people do.
This is me when I deal with people who are positive for it at work. Just another day at the office :D
This was just when Fit Testing to make sure all worked. When we go in the rooms we have gowns covering us too. Then all has to come off the correct way to make sure we do not contaminate ourselves taking the damn PPE off.

View attachment 676483
A basic synopsis of your PPE doffing procedures would be very appreciated!

EDIT - Is that an air gap behind the goggles around your upper nose?

A basic synopsis of your PPE doffing procedures would be very appreciated!
Sure what they teach us must be on videos on the tube. Lessons in how to take gloves off without touching the exterior and such. The biggest mistake I see a lot of people out in public with is they have gloves on while they are touching their face and such. Want to tell them how do you think the gloves are protecting you when you touch your face with the dirty glove?
When we take our PPE off at work we do it with others. One person takes the stuff off of you to make sure you stay safe. After it 's off the gowns go to cleaning, gloves to trash, respirator and goggles get sprayed with sanitizer and set aside to dry. For those wanting to wear gloves and an N95 to the store and such learning to not touch the face while gloves are on is probably the hardest thing to break. People normally have no idea how many times they are touching their face. After mastering taking the gloves off the mask is easy, again thinking do not touch mask then face and if using mask again spray down with disinfectant and then of course lastly wash hands.

Do you remove your gloves before removing your mask/ goggles, and then wash, or do you touch your goggles and mask with the dirty gloves to remove them before sanitizing?

Do you remove your gloves before removing your mask/ goggles, and then wash, or do you touch your goggles and mask with the dirty gloves to remove them before sanitizing?

Well you should decon your glove, or put on clean ones before dealing with your mask (air or eyes). Then you should use a cleaner on the mask before removing it. If you do not, then you have contamination at your face/airways. Then it is still a good idea to clean it all again.

Here is the thing most people dont get, including food worker with gloves on, once you touch a contaminated item with your gloves, they are contaminated. Everything you touch after that transfers the contamination. Here is an easy way to test this, get something like wheel bearing grease and get some on a pair of gloves and dont change them. See where that grease ends up as you touch stuff and then were it transfers next. With "diseases" being "invisible" people see clean gloves and dont associate it with contamination.

People are putting on a pair of gloves before entering a store, then they touch everything in the store. They are touching their purses, wallets, money, credit card, etc and then they are touching all of their bags, get to the car and use their car keys, load the bags in the car and then take their gloves off. They have ultimately done nothing to protect themselves and I would argue they likely increased contamination as they "feel safe".

Here is a basic decon guide from OSHA, Hazardous Waste | Decontamination | Occupational Safety and Health Administration

I found this to be a good summary: PPE Refresher-Suit up and Decon

As you can see doing it properly is quite a procedure; adjustments / compromises may have to be made for the amount of other people you have available to assist and available space/time. If you want to decon a suit, figure out what will work that you have, you'd be willing to get sprayed down with, isn't flammable like alcohol, etc.

Take your gloves off properly then take the mask off, then WASH or sanitize the hands before you touch anything else. Then if you are as most reusing the mask, spay it down good set it to dry. Unless you are directly in the face of people, like caring for ill, the hands are what get people. All during influenza season it's hands that spread the stuff. People once they work to pay attention will be stunned how often they touch their face without even thinking about it. Especially during the cold climate. Go outside often makes the nose run. Then it's just habit to keep touching the nose. Everyone infected is touching their nose, then handling door knobs and such, and leaving a bunch on bugs on everything they touch for the next person. If they could make a pair of glasses so people could see surface bacteria many would never want to touch anything in public. :D

over kill.
and I've told people at the door to kiss my butt and Kate Brown or Inslee can kiss my butt as well. Tyrants both of them!
Sadly here (WA) now the business has been put in the position of either refusing to serve those who will not wear one or face fines. The power hungry here have proven they would love to fine business's they catch not following this. Since what they really want in another shut down. So the poor business, many of whom are already hanging by a thread, do what they are told. So if I go in and go "Karen" on them I am just going to make some poor employee's job miserable for my enjoyment. So I bought some "Thin Blue Line" masks. When we go in to eat or shop I put one one. So far have gotten a lot of compliments on them. I thought it would bring a lot more "nasty looks" than they have. Most if they say anything say they love it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads