JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As I have posted before, I am immune suppressed after a stem cell transplant. Recent history of pneumonia w/one hospital stay. Type II diabetes. I have a corona target on my back. I have been isolating and masking and gloving up for almost 5 years. Still caught 6 or 7 viruses last year. Taking even more precautions now, but there may be no absolute way to prevent this.

So, we do what we can do and try our best to be at peace.

"Gas masks protect against biological agents. So it would work."

Really?

I thought there's quite a difference between biological agents and viruses.

No?

A man here was ejected from a Walmart for wearing a gas mask.

Apparently, he was alarming the other customers.

Private property. Yes, it could have, perhaps it did/or didn't......upset some people.

But.....is this like the question of :

*"Should anyone wear a Mega Hat in public?"

We'll probably need a new LE branch?

"The Clothing Police".

Or maybe, just expanded the role of the regular police? I'm sure they'll love that. Not that they've been all that successful with the ANTIFA guys and/or with those wearing the "Anonymous Mask" in public while engaged in, "Peaceful Protest."

Aloha, Mark

PS....*TheBlaze

Last Edited:
OP be like...

1585432714210.jpeg

So I got some nitrile gloves, and a gas mask a while ago. I have not worn either to the store but am considering doing so now. Usually I've just been sanitizing my hands when I get done shopping then leave the stuff I bought sit in the house for 3-4 days before putting it away, washing my hands multiple times from start to end (shopping to unloading to putting away).

Breathing in the vapor cloud from someones sneeze is a likely way to get the virus though. Hence the gas mask. I do have an N95 face mask respirator as well. So wear nothing, gas mask or N95 mask?
Well, I'd say if you are going to have sex with a total stranger who's flying in from out of state, why worry about masking up to go to the supermarket?

I've never worn night vision goggles. But from what I understand, FOV is limited.

I have worn enough gas masks and scba's in my life to have an idea how they are to look thru. Trying to add optics in front of them sounds like a fun time waiting to happen.

I hope more people wear masks.

I need a good laugh!

Saw a guy in line a few days ago in a bunny suit (the kind they use for clean rooms ect), paying for food. It was all I could do not to say something too him. Like, you know when you go to get in your car you are going to spread the virus all over inside right? Would have been fun to watch him when he left them trying to decide what to do. :s0140:

So I got some nitrile gloves, and a gas mask a while ago. I have not worn either to the store but am considering doing so now. Usually I've just been sanitizing my hands when I get done shopping then leave the stuff I bought sit in the house for 3-4 days before putting it away, washing my hands multiple times from start to end (shopping to unloading to putting away).

Breathing in the vapor cloud from someones sneeze is a likely way to get the virus though. Hence the gas mask. I do have an N95 face mask respirator as well. So wear nothing, gas mask or N95 mask?
Unless you are doing CPR on other shoppers them breathing on you is not the problem. Now the virus can live a while on stuff in the store. Most who contact this it's hands doing it. Keep your hands clean is the best thing you can do. If it makes you feel better a mask can't hurt as long as you remember its your hands you need to pay attention too. If you use gloves make sure you take them off before handling your keys or getting into the car. Most important is learning to not touch your face with the gloves on. It is amazingly hard to learn to not do this. It is something most have to really work on to learn. Humans touch their face, eyes, nose, all day and never even realize they are doing it. I have taken to carrying some hand sanitizer in the cars for filling up with gas. Long before this I often was grossed out thinking about the damn pump. So after I fill up I spray some on my hands now before getting back in the car.

Unless you are doing CPR on other shoppers them breathing on you is not the problem. Now the virus can live a while on stuff in the store. Most who contact this it's hands doing it.

Well, maybe...

[...] the security camera footage showed patient "A" did not interact with others throughout the four-hour ride.
But by the time the bus stopped at the next city, the virus had already jumped from the carrier to seven other passengers.
These included not only people sitting relatively close to "patient zero", but also a couple of victims six rows from him – roughly 4.5 metres away.
After these passengers left, another group got on the bus about 30 minutes later. One passenger sitting in the front row on the other side of the aisle also became infected.

Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Well, maybe...

You can find a "site" to tell you to panic that does not mean they are not just blowing smoke. This is I am sure a waste of time but this virus works just like any other, like the flu. Unless someone is coughing in your face the breathing is not the problem. Its the runny nose. People touch their nose constantly when it's runny. Then what they touch has the virus all over it. If it makes you "think" you are safe by all means buy a gas mask but its a waste of time and money <shrug>

You can find a "site" to tell you to panic that does not mean they are not just blowing smoke
I mean, it's one summarized research study and the general CDC guidelines page, neither of which instructs anyone to panic. It's just information; panic is a specific person's reaction to that information. Further to that, someone might use respiratory protection out of panic, or they might do so calmly because the information they have makes them believe it is effective. I think implying everyone who uses a respirator is doing so out of blind panic is a disingenuous argument, not unlike the one that says people buy/carry guns "because they're scared."

But if you have later contradictory studies you're aware of that support the negative position (only transmission by touch and not by droplet) it would be more information for people to base their decisions on. Research and data is great, air quotes and mockery is petty.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads