JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would report it if I had enough info on the buyer. Hire a lawyer and go for a plea deal later. My biggest fear would be that I just sold a gun that might still be registered in my name (if I was the original purchaser anyway) and if it ever gets tied to a crime, my name is attached.

Also that same gun that the guy bought was used in a domestic disturbance buy the gang banger who bought it so the seller is now getting charges pressed against him. So he lost his gun, got fake bills and now getting charged. It's not worth not going to an ffl

From what I know they're charging him because he did not sell the gun properly through an FFL and on top of that the gun was used in a crime so he's getting charged whatever they charging for not adhering to the correct law

so then the antis will use this as an example how their UBC laws keep guns out of criminals hands. I'd be curious to know if the seller was already a prohibited person...?

Id love to follow the story if anyone has any news links to share.

BUT the true failure is on the state for not promiting it after it was passed.
I agree there would have been some benefit but my observation has been pre BGC FTF deals were typically carried out by only a small cross section of the entire gun community who already knew the law(s). No doubt there have been occasional or limited FTF deals made by people who probably didn't understand the laws. Spur of the moment in house deals between family members, gifted handoffs etc. but I suspect the majority of the FTF deals were made by those who had done it repeatedly and were aware of the laws. My point being I believe if someone was obviously making a 'active' FTF deal IE such as responding to an ad on a forum or specific gun ad site, making plans to meet up with the buyer/seller and then claiming ignorance of the law is PROBABLY lying.

Not that I support it in ANY way.. BUT the true failure is on the state for not promiting it after it was passed. Perhaps instead of pissing our taxes away on "art" and other administrative BS they could have done a massive campaign ad.. Hell half the young college idiots didnt even know oregon passed a mandatory background check law!!! They still bring up the gun show loophole.. (bubbleguming idiots!)
So obviously there are those not as tuned in as we are... And they even voted for the bubblegum! Some are oblivious completely.

But I digress.. We as firearm enthusiasts KNEW this wouldnt stop a G.D. thing other than harass US law abiding citizens. We should have protested and FORCED that bill to be halfway decent allowing and recignizing grey areas and making all forced unconstitutional tabs on transfers FREE OR had the bill forgotten altogether..

They bring up the gun show loop hole to scare uneducated or liberal people. This had no way to impact crime from the start. it only effects the law abiding. They knew this. It was not curb crime. It was to further restrict you and me. Thats all

They bring up the gun show loop hole to scare uneducated or liberal people. This had no way to impact crime from the start. it only effects the law abiding. They knew this. It was not curb crime. It was to further restrict you and me. Thats all
Oh I know, it just lets you know how many folks parrot info like its fact. But even some anti gunners dont know that we already have BGC laws in place.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top