JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I switched it over to an AR10 buffer system. Vltor A5 tube, ar10 spring, etc.. BCG no longer is allowed to make contact with the receiver so I now have parts that fit correctly. I was going to go with the Slash buffer but I liked the idea of the longer tube more considering the 308 pressures and it using an AR15 buffer makes it more customizable. I went from a 3.2oz buffer to a Spikes T3 5.4oz buffer. Im thinking this will help with the shell casings being damaged, but the main difference is the springs. I think my gun was put together with an AR15 spring.. The new one is for a tube that's 3/4" longer but the spring is a full 3" longer. Its also a heavier gauge. I'm thinking this should solve all my problems.

If this ar15 buffer tube/short ar buffer is such a common issue, you'd think it'd been addressed by now. When I emailed Aero about it, they made it sound like they've never heard of it before. mmhmm:confused:

20180220_193637.jpg

The short buffer is used when the shorter tube is used or the BCG would never go back far enough for the action to work. It is all about having the correct parts that run together. Short buffer and long tube = BCG hitting tube. Make sure your new combo allows the bolt to lock back on the bolt lock.

Vltor A5 setup is the best buffer tube system on the market. The tube is so smooth inside it takes zero effort to cycle and the range of buffer weights is great.
I have them on almost every rifle and pistol I have built. Glad you fixed your rifle.

Vltor A5 setup is the best buffer tube system on the market. The tube is so smooth inside it takes zero effort to cycle and the range of buffer weights is great.
I have them on almost every rifle and pistol I have built. Glad you fixed your rifle.
I'm glad you say that. I was seeing BCM, Vltor and Magpul all make the ar10 length tubes now and I was having a hard time deciding which one I wanted to get. I was going to get the armalite one but apparently the stock wont collapse all the way with it.. I love proprietary stuff lol

That's what I have on here. I really like having the longer tube, happy it still fits in the case without having to buy new foam. I put a magpul QD endplate on it with the new tube and it being longer will allow the sling to clip in with the stock fully collapsed. I don't know how it could fit with a standard 15 tube. Stock rides pretty close to the frame.

I cant believe how much harder it is to depress the buffer into the tube now. It's night and day. If it helps with recoil, I might take the boom brake off of it. Man that thing's loud..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top