JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
stock vented tube
but everything I've read tells my the piston has reached terminal velocity before it passes the first hole in the gas tube
I read on one of those hard core AK forums that they used to drill holes in the gas piston to increase the volume at the piston head
today, many are using the KNS adjustable gas piston to tune their AKs, specifically if they are adding a suppressor
I'm trying the Wolff spring first

I took my Polytech Type 56 apart to measure the piston for a KNS replacement
found the Polytech has a riveted, not a pinned piston
the rivet was then ground smooth and polished over
not going to ruin that setup
I backordered a replacement carrier from Polytech, but have to live with the over gassing for now

it's now dark up here on the North Fork
installed the heavy duty Wolff spring in the Polytech AKM today
installed an FCS47 muzzle brake
went out just now and fired into the berm in the dark
there is some lateral blast from the muzzle brake, but it doesn't wash out your optics or affect your night vision
recoil and muzzle rise is much reduced
as far as bolt cycling and case ejection, smeared grease on my buffer and it didn't splatter, meaning the bolt didn't recoil hard enough to hit the buffer
and the cases ejected about 10' over in a close pattern
overall, I'm happy with this heavy Wolff spring and FCS47 muzzle break

but this is with my '89 Polytech AKM with a .172 gas port, can't say how a European AK will perform with this setup

it's now dark up here on the North Fork
installed the heavy duty Wolff spring in the Polytech AKM today
installed an FCS47 muzzle brake
went out just now and fired into the berm in the dark
there is some lateral blast from the muzzle brake, but it doesn't wash out your optics or affect your night vision
recoil and muzzle rise is much reduced
as far as bolt cycling and case ejection, smeared grease on my buffer and it didn't splatter, meaning the bolt didn't recoil hard enough to hit the buffer
and the cases ejected about 10' over in a close pattern
overall, I'm happy with this heavy Wolff spring and FCS47 muzzle break

but this is with my '89 Polytech AKM with a .172 gas port, can't say how a European AK will perform with this setup
Go to bed .

Your scarin the squatches

so it was raining when I went out to shoot my Polytech
was wearing sweatpants and a bathrobe, put on a Dorfman wide brimmed waterproof hat to keep the rain off
walked past my son and wife watching TV in a bathrobe and Dork hat (what my wife calls my Dorfman rain hat), with my AK over my shoulder and a set of ear muff on
was shooting just 10' from the front windows
no comment from my wife and son, just a normal evening on the North Fork

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top