JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
actually it's a Chinese Type 56
my son and I were cleaning the gutters today in-between rain squalls and found our gutter clogged with 7.62x 39 brass
at least 20' from where we fire the rifle and 12' up
this tells me it's overgassed - this is caused by the gas port size in the barrel, not the piston guide tube
I found a reference that tells me the Chinese Type 56 has a .172 port as compared to an average European AK of .149
now someone is going to tell me it was designed that way for reliability in combat - Ja sure, ja bet cha
but I don't plan to shoot in combat in Ukraine, and my Type 56 isn't drug through the mud
I've read of KNS variable gas pistons and heavier Wolff springs
anyone have any experience in tuning the gas system on an AK?

AR style bird cage
have a AK74 style, but the lateral muzzle blast shakes the windows
Try a simple muzzle nut, basically a thread protector.

AKBarrelNutNewHungarian.jpeg.jpg

My buddy has more trigger time on his mak 90 than anything else he owns. He swears this makes a noticeable difference. I watched him try out a simple slant brake , and swap right back after a couple mags ( and time to cool the barrel)

Try a simple muzzle nut, basically a thread protector.

View attachment 1197898

My buddy has more trigger time on his mak 90 than anything else he owns. He swears this makes a noticeable difference. I watched him try out a simple slant brake , and swap right back after a couple mags ( and time to cool the barrel)
I have one of those
also looking at the Vortex, have them on all my ARs

20201205_114131.jpg

at least 20' from where we fire the rifle and 12' up
this tells me it's overgassed - this is caused by the gas port size in the barrel, not the piston guide tube
I found a reference that tells me the Chinese Type 56 has a .172 port as compared to an average European AK of .149
now someone is going to tell me it was designed that way for reliability in combat - Ja sure, ja bet cha
but I don't plan to shoot in combat in Ukraine, and my Type 56 isn't drug through the mud
I've read of KNS variable gas pistons and heavier Wolff springs
anyone have any experience in tuning the gas system on an AK?
Does the AK have the Chicom vented gas tube or the non-vented euro tube?

BTW….my Norinco 84s .223 would toss the brass so hard it would stick in the spray foam insulation on the firing line ceiling at DRRC…lol

have a heavy Wolff spring on order
in the mean time, I'll try the original muzzle cap, an AK74 style brake, a AR style bird cage and a Primary Arms FCS47 muzzle brake
will keep you updated

I researched an AK103 muzzle brake and found they are right hand thread, will not fit the older left hand thread AK47 barrels

I researched an AK103 muzzle brake and found they are right hand thread, will not fit the older left hand thread AK47 barrels

Oooooooooo!

Those sneaky cossacks.

Who changes from left to right pitch?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR