JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just viewed this one and am a bit surprised to say the least. Is this what its coming to? Total Authority State?

I feel the actions of the officer were not warranted. If he is in a position of guardian, should he not have some human interaction skills. I feel his escalating in tone of voice was too antagonize instead of diffuse.

Dad arrested for picking up kids from school on foot; Portland Girl Scouts for 'Abigail Bridge': Evening commute roundup | OregonLive.com

No wonder kids are scared, my dad was arrested for being a better parent and trying to get me home quicker!

Fricken Hogwash!

Loser parent was trying to get under the Resource Officer's skin by calling his Sheriff buddy over stupid School rule. Made sure to catch it all on film for "lawsuit" he was after.
Loser Resource Officer allowed parent (who did nothing to be arrested for) to irritate him into an illegal arrest.
I'll bet the kid is real proud of Dad.

Oh.. Another example of our FINE officers in action?!

Where are the pro leos here? Huh.. How can you possibly explain this one away..

I hope he sues the bubblegum out of that leo and the school and wins enough to get those kids out of that indictrination station and into a real school.. perhaps private or home school.

Loser parent was trying to get under the Resource Officer's skin by calling his Sheriff buddy over stupid School rule. Made sure to catch it all on film for "lawsuit" he was after.
Loser Resource Officer allowed parent (who did nothing to be arrested for) to irritate him into an illegal arrest.

Oh yeah.. Im sooo sure its all on the parent.
This leo made an illegal arrest and youre defending him?
Disgusting.

"Loser Resource Officer allowed parent (who did nothing to be arrested for) to irritate him into an illegal arrest."
I thought that was clear enough. Parent also appears to be a loser IMHO.

You are a special kind of stupid.

You are a special kind of stupid.

Wow where did that come from? As Salted Weapon said " the parent was not smart enough to by pass the policy and say simply I am here to pick up my kids
now not at release. They can not refuse to give you your child. " He just didn't like the release policy, grabbed his girlfriend and a camera and tried to irritate a the jerk in the uniform.
He got the result he wanted it seems. The Resource Officer lost his cool on camera.

Gestapo state.
It gets worse by the day.
Just sit back and wait til they
Dictate how many sheets you can use to wipe your azz.

¥[\^¢¢÷¡•\•¢°°¥°€{ and then some !

Did I wake up in North Korea???
Cmon people its time. FIX THIS CRAP. ITS TIME !

As with most stories that revolve around a YouTube video and then read on The Blaze...there are some pretty big holes in this story.

Howe has a history with the school district and has already settled out-of-court on a separate issue, wherein his special-needs daughter was kept from him against his and her will. I'm not saying he deserved this treatment, far from it, I'm just saying that it's not some random parent who was minding his business when Barney Fife rustled his jimmies.

And the so-called "sherif buddy" was not so much a buddy as much as a LEO who has had conversations with Howe, in the past about issues with the school, and told Howe to call him if he felt like the school officer was out of line.

There have been many follow-up articles written about this story, if anyone is interested in anything besides placing blame and conjecture from 1800 miles away.

These situations are best explained by this simple graphic:
Public_Police_bubblegums.jpg

Public_Police_bubblegums.jpg

I should have expanded on my comments: The arresting officer should be strung up for his idiocy. I don't know of anyone locally, except his CO, that thinks the officer was right in his actions.

My point was simply that there is a history here that lies outside the view of this video. The "stupid" parent was acting in a way that, right or wrong, would further an agenda. The decisions that he made were done so because of things that happened on separate occasions.

As far as linking other sources...I would have to do the same as you. Google the story and find local sources. Other than that, being in a neighboring school district has given me a closer look at the story.

I think this discussion is warranted but some of the dramatic comments seem a bit weird. Such is life on the internet, though...

Edit: a word

I should have expanded on my comments: The arresting officer should be strung up for his idiocy. I don't know of anyone locally, except his CO, that thinks the officer was right in his actions.

Agreed however, as a parent of young kids in public School, I'm all for release procedures with set rules and structure. From the first bell to the last I want to know that they know EXACTLY where my kids are. Kyron Horman comes to mind whenever I see a parent bubbleguming about some trivial thing like waiting in line. This guy just strikes me as someone who had an agenda. It doesn't excuse the behavior of the cop who just had to wait the situation out.

Agreed however, as a parent of young kids in public School, I'm all for release procedures with set rules and structure. From the first bell to the last I want to know that they know EXACTLY where my kids are. Kyron Horman comes to mind whenever I see a parent bubbleguming about some trivial thing like waiting in line. This guy just strikes me as someone who had an agenda. It doesn't excuse the behavior of the cop who just had to wait the situation out.

Fair enough.

What you're not seeing, however, is that there is a very dangerous situation outside of the school due to decisions made by the school system. The parents who are picking up their kids are supposed to wait in their cars, on the shoulder of a busy road. Throw in buses and kids who are walking home and there is real potential for danger. The rules are set up to ease the danger but the system is a far cry from working.

Parents in this district have three options:
Wait in their cars, up to 45 minutes, to pick up their kids.
Let their kids walk home, unaccompanied after a parent-signed release.
Or the kids can ride the bus, which adds an hour to most kid's school day.

This parent is trying to do something in between waiting in the car and letting the kids walk home unaccompanied. This parent does not want their kid walking home alone (see dangerous road conditions, above), nor does he want to battle traffic in his car because he lives close enough to walk. The officer told this parent he had to wait in line with the cars. That is, of course, completely stupid since he is a pedestrian. I don't understand why being angry about waiting in line, on the side of the road with cars is trivial.

Howe pressented himself well and did indeed have an agenda: The system is broken and here's what I'm going to do in lieu of it. This officer was ill prepared to deal with someone like Howe and that is the problem, here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top