JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When winter rolls around here in Northwestern Wisconsin, and work slows down a bit, I'll try to build up something for myself to shoot and enjoy. A couple of winters ago, I assembled this 10/22 KIDD clone:

3hGrqcN.jpg
ZIOom2t.jpg

That's very nice looking! Could you elaborate as to what stock and barrel? I've got a newish 10/22 that's bone stock and I'm a tinkerer. I have three others in the stable that are done but, this one looks mighty nice.

Sure, the barrel is from Tony Kidd, and the stock is a Hogue. KIDD guarantees ½ inch groups at 50 yards with his barrels.

There's been much banter on the "net" concerning barrel droop when using the heavy bull barrels on 10/22 receivers using only the single action screw. The solution that some get involved with is to attach a receiver tang on the back end of the receiver and then bed that tang into the stock wrist:

BL2sAo0l.jpg

IeosUZyl.jpg

I've done some experimenting with an added receiver tang to get the receiver bottom on a fully bedded, solid platform for stability. I still need to do more testing though. I know, some folks will bed the whole barrel length into the forearm channel and then float the receiver. As for me, I'd rather not stifle the "harmonic nodes" involved with the barrel with full bedding. Maybe someday, I'll try it, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

Still, it's fun to try and eek out any and all accuracy possible from these rifles.

There's been much banter on the "net" concerning barrel droop when using the heavy bull barrels on 10/22 receivers using only the single action screw. The solution that some get involved with is to attach a receiver tang on the back end of the receiver and then bed that tang into the stock wrist:

View attachment 663675

View attachment 663676

I've done some experimenting with an added receiver tang to get the receiver bottom on a fully bedded, solid platform for stability. I still need to do more testing though. I know, some folks will bed the whole barrel length into the forearm channel and then float the receiver. As for me, I'd rather not stifle the "harmonic nodes" involved with the barrel with full bedding. Maybe someday, I'll try it, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

Still, it's fun to try and eek out any and all accuracy possible from these rifles.
Hmmm... that's interesting. I can see the add-on tang being offered as a "kit" before long. Still gonna take some careful drilling, but a bolt-on piece and a paper pattern, hardware, and instructions might be a good seller.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top