JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know if you can get an over-under shotgun that hasn't been sold with a stock attached? I'm wanting to make a pistol grip only short barrel 20ga and don't want to have to deal with the extra legalities involved with traveling with a SBS.

I'm not aware of a double over/under sold as such. The Chiappa Triple Threat (which is a triple barrel) has a variant in which the stock unscrews and it becomes a pistol grip only shotgun. It is still long enough not to be NFA. They are made in 12, 20, and .410. Info here.

prodotti_immagini_immagine_515.jpg

prodotti_immagini_immagine_516.jpg

Another option, of course, would be to buy a O/U, modify it, but keep the barrel greater than 18" and the overall length greater than 26". Any shorter than that on either and it has to be papered (Form 1) as a SBS.

I'm not aware of a double over/under sold as such. The Chiappa Triple thread (which is a triple barrel) has a variant in which the stock unscrews and it becomes a pistol grip only shotgun. It is still long enough not to be NFA. They are made in 12, 20, and .410. Info here.

View attachment 460876

View attachment 460877
Thats interesting, it would up the absurdity factor with the 3 barrels, I wonder if I could get a dealer to special order one that they didn't include the back half of the stock so it could be ran as a "firearm" I'm fine with dealing with NFA fees, but I want to make it an AOW since I travel between Oregon, Washington, and Michigan frequently.

One that might be hard to track down, but would be a short, double AOW, albeit a SxS not O/U, is Denny's Guns (approximate) repo of the Ithaca Auto and Burglar. I don't know how many were made or where one could be obtained. And, of course, there are original A&B, though the are normally a bit pricey.

A little farther afield, the only AOW smoothbore we have is a Super Shorty. It is a pump and not double, but it has a 2+1 capacity, and the foregrip folds up out of the way. The one we have is in 12, but they will make a 20 on special order. Here's ours (I put a playing card next to it so that you can get some idea of size):

supercard.jpg

Cheers.:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews