JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm shopping for a new 12 gauge over/under for casual (non-competition) use at the local trap/5-stand range (Kenmore Range in Bothell).

I happen to be a left-handed shooter...and have been pleased with the adjustability of my Benelli semi-autos for cast/drop to get them to fit me.....and want an over/under that will have the correct cast or neutral cast with adjustable comb as a starting point. Ideally do not want to go through the process of bending the stock.

I've been looking at the Browning 725 (Gosh...they make LOTS of versions of this gun....). The 725 Sporting is where we've landed so far. Dropped into Skagit Arms earlier today and shouldered a basic right-handed 725 Sporting ($3100.00). Salesperson was very helpful and knowledgeable.....and suggested if I'm going to invest in a shotgun I will likely have for a long time, that I get exactly what I want...and that starts with a left-handed gun.

The 725 Sporting has versions with an adjustable comb and also offers a "parallel comb" stock.....but it seems these are hard to come by.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the 725....and what other over/unders I should consider.

Thanks in advance!

Northlight

I'm shopping for a new 12 gauge over/under for casual (non-competition) use at the local trap/5-stand range (Kenmore Range in Bothell).

I happen to be a left-handed shooter...and have been pleased with the adjustability of my Benelli semi-autos for cast/drop to get them to fit me.....and want an over/under that will have the correct cast or neutral cast with adjustable comb as a starting point. Ideally do not want to go through the process of bending the stock.

I've been looking at the Browning 725 (Gosh...they make LOTS of versions of this gun....). The 725 Sporting is where we've landed so far. Dropped into Skagit Arms earlier today and shouldered a basic right-handed 725 Sporting ($3100.00). Salesperson was very helpful and knowledgeable.....and suggested if I'm going to invest in a shotgun I will likely have for a long time, that I get exactly what I want...and that starts with a left-handed gun.

The 725 Sporting has versions with an adjustable comb and also offers a "parallel comb" stock.....but it seems these are hard to come by.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the 725....and what other over/unders I should consider.

Thanks in advance!

Northlight
Personally I would get a nice used Merkel, simson, or Sauer for 1/3 that price as they are built to last several lifetimes, Fe:

BC551B55-2CE9-4EC1-AC3A-B59898195B4D.jpeg
7329E5C0-425F-4A28-83F3-4F89243BA52F.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews