JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HI,

I have yet to do a introduction, but I purchased my first handgun, glock 23 4th Gen Saturday from the Gun Show in P-town. I used to go shooting with my friends in Sultan, to an outside gravel pit and use their guns. It was my first time going to the sultan gravel pit and funny enough, us not knowing, it was closing down the next day. The cops came to post the signs stating after that day it was being closed down. Now that I have my own fire arm, I was curious if there are any other outside gravel pits like the sultan one, where we can go and shoot responsible for free around 45 to an hr away from seattle. Thanks for your input!:)

B-

Look at map.
find BLM , forest property.
go to forest find earth bank,set up targets
Shoot enjoy and clean up after yourself.

shooting at gravel pits os genraly a poor idea.(there full of rock ) people leave a mess and owners get fed up...post signs closing area.

Good luck have fun with the G23 I love mine.

hey bjohnson, congrats on your purchase. Yup, the Bureau of Land Management site is a great resource. I moved down here to PDX from SEA a few years back, and like where you're at, there are TONS of BLM areas to shoot less than an hour drive away. Went out a few days ago with a buddy from here, and though the usual spots were too snowed in for us, we found a perfect spot (good back-stop, off the main road, on BLM public land etc) with just a little looking. And it was fun looking for our brass in the snow, makes ya feel good cleanin' up. 'Course the revolvers were more fun since we didn't have to go digging to find the spent shells. Happy shooting!

Can you explain how to use the site? I have looked everywhere and I dont see anything where it says, you can shoot here or there? I am usually pretty tech savy, but with this site, I dont see where to go to lookup shooting sites. :(

Unless I'm informed wrong the site is used to find BLM land, BLM land is public land and is ok to shoot on as long as your not near any houses, private property, there's a safe backstop, there are no signs posted saying "target shooting prohibited" or something to that affect. Do NOT shoot on or across roads, this is illegal, and make sure to police any brass or targets after your done to make sure the area stays open for target shooters as leaving trash and shot up tv/computer moniters etc. is what got the sultan pit and many others closed down. Good luck and have fun with your new G23, like many others I love mine.

Can someone tell me how to use the blm map, I don't understand it. I have asked a couple of times, i look for the blm color on the key and dont see it. Can someone provide more detailed instructions? thanks so much

Maybe a little more than an hour from Shoreline, but if you go on Hwy 2 past Gold Bar there are Forest Service roads that get you on to BLM land. When you get to Zeke's drive in, you are about a mile and a half from the first forest service road (just a gravel road). IIRC, they close it off with a chain during the winter months. You know you are on the right road when you drive by everyone else pulled over in wide spots shooting.

:huh:20-some years ago, I went shooting a couple of times with a bjohnson at the gravel pit in Sultan, his friend's name was Ken... I think he used to go by Spaceman Spiff in the old bbs days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top