Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Outed NY gun owner: 'I feel like a sex offender'

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Exclusive: Outed Yonkers, N.Y. gun owner says ‘I feel like a sex offender’

When the Journal News in Westchester County, N.Y. published the names and addresses of gun permit holders in two counties recently, one of those citizens, Vincent R. Suppa of Yonkers, had a visceral reaction.

Exclusive: Outed Yonkers, N.Y. gun owner says

2. rsmccsman

rsmccsman Hillsboro Go Blazers!

Its nobodies business but your own, what you own. Gun registration is an invasion of privacy. This kind of public shaming of the gun culture is the worst kind of bigotry condoned by the left leaning media. These same people would be all bent out of shape if a list was published based upon race, religion or sexual preference.

3. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Having to get a CHL is an invasion of privacy.

4. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that this act has caused a legit gun owner to feel that way. That was just exactly the purpose of the article, and if it succeeded, it is very sad.

I Openly Carry my weapon (except in really bad weather). I am proud to be a gun owner, and do not really care who knows.

But I also know NYS (my wife is from there), and the purpose of that article was to reinforce that concept that "guns are bad" and anyone that would own one is a bad person......it is too bad some have bought the concept hook line and sinker.

5. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

WHAT happened to this poor guy is an abomination.

6. RoneKiln

RoneKiln Western Washington Active Member

Had someone been able to print a list of homes with broken locks on the door, it would have been just as stupid. But it would not make those people like sexual offenders. Had they printed a list of gorgeous young women that live alone, it would not make those women like sex offenders.

Owning a gun is not something to be ashamed of. It is not something we should have to be embarrassed over. It does not in any way make us similar to sex offenders.

It did put those people, and others, in danger. It violated their privacy. It increased the information criminals have access to when choosing what to target. It was horrible.

It did not make anyone synonymous with sexual predators.

7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

SPLIT? How about 80% against the newspaper's listing owners? Not a scientific number, just my take on it from reading the boards.