Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

outdoor shooting on the west side

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by davideidsvoog, May 27, 2013.

1. davideidsvoog

davideidsvoog United States New Member

Looking for a place to shoot targets and just get my wife familiarized with a shotgun. I've heard Browns Camp was a good place to go, any other suggestions?

2. springfield0612

springfield0612 Poulsbo Member

Brown's camp...... WA, ID, OR, NV, CA?

3. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

Oregon, in the Tillamook State Forest, off Highway 6 on the way from Portland area to Tillamook. Has camping, lots of OHV trails (quad, dirtbike, and rock crawler) and a rock quarry for shooting (when they are not crushing/gathering rock from it, which I hear they plan to do this summer) .

4. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I used to tell folks about the spot that I do outdoor shooting at, and I witnessed a serious uptick in trash at all places. I won't make the same mistake again.

5. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

my spot that I shared with this site got shut down for littering. I have been shooting there for years but too much trash got left behind and they shut it down.
    I hope people learn from it before there is no outdoor areas left

6. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Likewise. My friends and I would always clean up after ourselves.
    Now everywhere I used to go (not just top of storeyburn) has "no shooting" signs posted.
    Common decency is not so common.

7. amao164

amao164 Beaverton, OR New Member

Do our environment a favor, don't post any direction about your spot!!! Keep it to yourself and keep it clean. I plan to find my own and when I do, I will do my part to keep it clean too.

We're supposed to be able to share information like good shooting spots here but because of some idiots, we are forced not to. That is just too bad.