JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
but last time I was there I saw newly placed signs "no target shooting."

Make more sense if they said "NO SLOBS".

When I find an informal shooting place I try to take out more trash than I brought in. Sometimes couches are hard to maneuver though. :rolleyes:

44.900367, -122.511774
Last 6 miles dirt road some parts are rough
Too rough for this rig?

truck new pics 011.jpg

Golly gee I think I'll drive a half mile behind my house and shoot today:D
Or to the next drainage over to the north. Or next 5 drainages.
You know that if you bypass the huge county shooting range and take a left there is a 700yd range on the BLM?

OK your not interested:rolleyes:
;)

image.jpg image.jpg
Golly gee I think I'll drive a half mile behind my house and shoot today:D
Or to the next drainage over to the north. Or next 5 drainages.
You know that if you bypass the huge county shooting range and take a left there is a 700yd range on the BLM?

OK your not interested:rolleyes:
;)

I feel your pain Mike. 300 yards to paper and steel from the front deck, to the left of the back porch and to the west is the 25&50 yard range and 400 yards west of that is the 100 with bench and seats,, yep I'm a spoiled no account but it was a long hard road to get here with these two hands and back.

Thanks to God for help!

We live in America, where we do not have to pay to shoot in the woods. The spot I go to has a very nice backstop and a lot of people use it, but some days you can go there and never get bugged. I've bulchitted with OSP up there on many occasions and they confirmed that it is perfectly legal to shoot there. Like others have said, make sure you leave it cleaner than when you got there. What I bring out there always goes home with me. Make a simple target stand and don't bring garbage out there and leave it. That is one of my biggest pet peeves!!!

View attachment 347123

We use those metal sign stands that realtors and politicians decorate the neighborhood with. No I didn't take them. Had extra from a volunteer event.

Care to share your stand details?

We use those metal sign stands that realtors and politicians decorate the neighborhood with. No I didn't take them. Had extra from a volunteer event.

A couple pieces of 1/2x1 and a piece of plastic cardboard material made for a target stuck into 2 pieces of 4x4x1' long.
Taken apart it takes up zero room

Hog wire fencing. On much the same idea that your signs are based on.
I start with a 24" high by 18" or so wide section and use bolt cutters to cut out the inside sections, leaving the bottom two on either end long enough to be used as ground stakes. By stepping on the cross wire on the bottom they easily stick into the ground leaving the frame upright at 18"x18".
Using meat wrapping paper with drawn targets, it's a simple matter to attach the paper to the frame using cloths pins,,, cost? Next to nothing since the only 'new to me' material used is the wrapping paper and sharpie used to draw the bullseye.

The best way to find out is to ask the local Forest Service Rangers. We saw signs posted "No Target Shooting" at the access road to our favorite spot pass Timber. I stopped by the Forest Grove Ranger Station and got clarifying information. Maybe Estacada Ranger Station would be able to help out.

We were just looking for a new place to break in my new hand-gun i recently came across salmonberry and wolfcreek are these the locations you were referring to? I don't want to make the drive to just to turn around and Browns camp is always so busy. Thank you.

We were just looking for a new place to break in my new hand-gun i recently came across salmonberry and wolfcreek are these the locations you were referring to? I don't want to make the drive to just to turn around and Browns camp is always so busy. Thank you.

This is the area that we go to:
Google Maps

You have to drive pass the timber operations, and then you are back on public lands that are not being harvested. There are plenty of spots that are natural back stop, because you face towards the mountain. Couple months ago, the college kid wanted to bring friends that also wanted to shoot and we had to drive pass our easily accessible spots to because everyone had the same idea, it was the first break in the rainy season.

We found a terrific spot where all 8 of us could be on the firing line with out getting in each others way.

Never made it out to Salmonberry, looks like that's a good spot as well. We try not to go to Brown's Camp.

This is the area that we go to:
Google Maps

You have to drive pass the timber operations, and then you are back on public lands that are not being harvested. There are plenty of spots that are natural back stop, because you face towards the mountain. Couple months ago, the college kid wanted to bring friends that also wanted to shoot and we had to drive pass our easily accessible spots to because everyone had the same idea, it was the first break in the rainy season.

We found a terrific spot where all 8 of us could be on the firing line with out getting in each others way.

Never made it out to Salmonberry, looks like that's a good spot as well. We try not to go to Brown's Camp.

Thanks for the advice, yeah Salmonberry had a road closure sign on it even though there were people shooting, and we went to Browns camp for the first time just to see what all the fuss was about and now I can see why people tend to try and find other places.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top