Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Outdoor Shooting Banks Area

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by appel1212, Mar 26, 2013.

1. appel1212

appel1212 Forest Grove, OR New Member

We are looking for a good place to shoot close to us in Banks, Or. We are new to the area, we don't need a super long range but a decent area and prefer to shoot into a hill. Any help you can give would be great!

2. blankman32k

blankman32k Peoples Republic of PDX Member

Isn't there a small range in Vernonia?

3. appel1212

appel1212 Forest Grove, OR New Member

I looked it up in the old feeds and it looks like there is one that is located on someones property, I was really hoping for tips on some good spots or roads where people have lots of success. I don't like the idea of a park being so close to where I am shooting.

4. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Since search is working again, search this forum for "Browns Camp." When we shoot there we meet in Banks.

5. HHT

HHT Forest Grove, OR Active Member

Brown's Camp is horrible. Overcrowded, and some folks with very questionable safety skills. I couldn't get out of there fast enough and will never go back.

6. PDXHero

PDXHero Beaverton, OR Member

If you're willing to drive a little bit, there are some good shooting areas up outside Timber.

gryghin and (deleted member) like this.
  7. HHT

HHT Forest Grove, OR Active Member

I have shot a few times at the place in Vernonia. It's very safe because you are shooting into a bank in a direction *away* from the park. And the park is on the other side of the river, no access except over the private bridge. Unless someone swims.....Very nice older fella owns this land.

There are some other quite isolated places to shoot in the woods around Vernonia, but it's about impossible to give directions unless you know the woods up there.

8. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Jones Rd. in Vernonia or head up the mountain up 26, take Wolf Creek Rd, Music, or Mcgregor all to the right from about the middle of the MT up to the top.

9. josmi

josmi Hillsboro Oregon New Member

If anyone can provide Google map links, or GPS coordinates, for the areas around Vernonia that would be greatly appreciated!

10. gbvet418

gbvet418 South Beach Member

I've been to the gravel pit there, during the week, few, if any others there, I avoid it on weekends due to said idiots.

11. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

I use to be the Assistant park host at Anderson Park which is right across from that shooting range Mr sword who owns the Property where the shooting range is Usually requires that you are a city resident of Vernonia to shoot there but he doesn't come out and check on you if you are but he prefer you to be. As far as the shooting range by the park never had an incident for the people in the park its just load for them to hear the guns go off that's the biggest complaint and some people worry about safety.

12. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Same here. If I'm the only one there, it scares the crap outta me sometimes... I feel like someone/thing can sneak up on me while while I'm shooting.