JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wondering if there is any action range or safe areas in the countryside aorund The Dalles/Hood River where I can go shooting. I am eagerly wanting to do action-style training with my handguns and rifles and I cannot do that (with rifles) at my current range. Also, I was thinking it's a bit drier out east and maybe I can do more shooting in the Spring. The weather is crappy as usual and I am pretty much just keeping my guns stored in the safe, because I don't enjoy shooting in cold rainy/drizzly weather; nor do my guns.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone is familiar with those areas. Does anyone know if The Dalles Rifle & Pistol Club has an action type of range where you can train with both rifles and pistols? Also, I don't like indoor ranges, so I will avoid those.

Just come back over here and hit the cinder pits out China Hat. But right now it looks like our shooting trip at COSSA last year...

:D

HAHA.. I will never forget that trip, Bear.

I would love to go back to China Hat and shoot, but it really is quite a journey back there. Yes, I think December is probably not the best time to go shooting in the Oregon High Desert .

I think when late spring/early summer comes around and I can get out some, I'd like to go back to those cinder pits.. My large workload and the crappy weather has kept me indoors and away from the range.

I'm considering maybe living in the Gorge.. I always loved it there.. My biz is taking a hit and I think I cannot afford living in Beaverton burbia. Also, I don't like living in suburbia; I want to live in a bit more rural setting. I know Bend is a shooter's paradise, but I need to be closer to the city for biz reasons.

Shooting area right next to I84 just west of the most west Dalles exit.
I haven't shot there for a couple of years but it was popular with many locals.
Take the west Dalles exit and drive west. Large hillside.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top