JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thrilled to report that next week I am moving from California to Washington. I was born and raised in the Midwest, spent 21 years in the military on a mix of active duty and Reserve assignments, and currently live in the Texas of California, Simi Valley. Rather than bring California baggage with me, I will more likely be paranoid of anything resembling California's left wing tax-spend-ban values.

Are there any outdoor shooting areas within an hour of Puyallup? I always clean up after myself and others when I use BLM land here, and will continue to do so in WA. If you don't want a location listed on a public website (where anti-gun types might harvest locations for their closure wish list) feel free to PM me.

If you can get past all the NIMBY yuppie scum and the Californicators and their spurious "Noise Pollution" complaints... they shut down the old racetrack with it first in the '80s, they've been trying to shut down Paul Bunyan and Thun Field the same way for years.

Try up by Greenwater. I live in Graham and I go up there a few times a month and it is good. Plenty of trash to haul out each time and never a lack of entertainment from the other shooters. It is often full of trucks so I recommend getting there early. The longest shot is only about 150 meters.

Welcome to North Commiefornia.
I am thrilled to report that next week I am moving from California to Washington. I was born and raised in the Midwest, spent 21 years in the military on a mix of active duty and Reserve assignments, and currently live in the Texas of California, Simi Valley. Rather than bring California baggage with me, I will more likely be paranoid of anything resembling California's left wing tax-spend-ban values.

Are there any outdoor shooting areas within an hour of Puyallup? I always clean up after myself and others when I use BLM land here, and will continue to do so in WA. If you don't want a location listed on a public website (where anti-gun types might harvest locations for their closure wish list) feel free to PM me.

Try up by Greenwater. I live in Graham and I go up there a few times a month and it is good. Plenty of trash to haul out each time and never a lack of entertainment from the other shooters. It is often full of trucks so I recommend getting there early. The longest shot is only about 150 meters.
Greenwater is "play at your own risk". I stopped going there years ago. Too many stoned ninjas.

Last Edited:
I agree that it can be sporty at times, but where is the better spot within an hour? In addition, during the summer when the back roads are open there are good spots beyond the commonly stopped at "pit". If I really want to do some serious shooting I go out by Yakima, but that is 3 hours one way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top