JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's wrong with Tri-Cities Shooting Association's Rattlesnake Mountain range?

If I lived up there I'd be out there regularly, since the daily use fee is only $5.00, and it's open to the public.
Or buy a membership even.

What's wrong with Tri-Cities Shooting Association's Rattlesnake Mountain range?

If I lived up there I'd be out there regularly, since the daily use fee is only $5.00, and it's open to the public.
Or buy a membership even.

There's probably not anything wrong with it, I'll look into it. I'm just bummed because Ayers road was so convenient for me.

Ayers is closed to all public use and rattlesnake is 70 miles round trip and has a lousy long range shooting area. You cant put targets out passed 100. Looks like the farmers are going to experience a lot more problems with trespassers shooting on their property.

You cant put targets out passed 100.

Not every day but Rattlesnake does have a 1,000 yard range where they hold 'events'. If there was a place at Finley to put a target out beyond 100 yards, I missed it on my one trip out there. Finley was the sort of *range* where the only safe way to set a target was to shoot it out there with a spud gun. ;)

For anyone who has not looked into the Tri-Cities Shooting Association and Rattlesnake Mountian Shooting Facility, they have the high power rifle range, sporting clay course, primitive range, trap, plinking range, public range, cowboy & practical and pistol bays. Rattlesnake is 28 miles from Vista Field {or Hole in the Wall} in Kennewick.

Yes, one trip anywhere does not reveal all points available. We shoot out to 1000 yards there and can even ride the quads out to check targets.Granted, we do not go there on a week end when there are shooters who dont care if someone is down range.

My single trip to Ayers was on a Thursday morning and surprisingly, at 9:00 a.m. there were already half a dozen shooters there. After what I experienced, I decided it was safer to shoot myself at home.

Tomorrow is First Shots day at Rattlesnake! I'll be there as one of many range officers helping out.

First target is supplied free. Next one is $0.50. Open Friday - Sunday in summer. Drive into the Rose Iris Range at the entrance, leave gun in car and go talk to duty Range Officer. You have to sign in, pay, then get your stuff. They have a really nice plinking range for .22 at Rose Iris too.

Interesting.. I'll have to try it out. Are there any good shops there selling used handguns? I know i'm pretty spoiled as I live up the street from Keith's Sporting Goods in Gresham, OR, which seems to be the place (price-wise) to purchase stuff around here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top