JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never been there but that doesn't look like a good place to set up and shoot.
Unless the bird watchers don't mind a .308 going off next to them.
If you have never been there, don't knock it! It's better than several outdoor ranges I've been to and much closer. You don't need a snowplow or 4x4. You will come to a fork in the road a ways in. Take the road to the right which leads up and you will see where people shoot. It's not the cleanest, but I understand many don't go there to haul anything out. Next time I go, I plan to take several garbage bags. It is BLM and I don't want to see it closed down.

The OZ pit area on the east side looks to be about 2 hrs from me, about the same as the Pittsburg pit.
Oz looks to have about 145 yds and you can drive right up to it and not have to pack in a bunch of gear like other places.
Which for me if I make the drive, I'm going to be there a while with multiple guns, ammo, table, chairs and steel plates. I'm unloading and setting up shop next to my rig and not humping that stuff anywhere.

I have Mondays off and like to go out on that day so as to have the place to myself.

There is no shooting in wildwood park.
I wish people would pay attention! It's not Wildwood Park, but near there. It's known as Miller's quarry on Miller's road, on the right. I put in Miller's road at Brightwood and my GPS took me right there! BTW, you will see a sign saying no shooting when conservationists are working on the river. I imagine it will need to get a little warmer before that happens.

I wish people would pay attention! It's not Wildwood Park, but near there. It's known as Miller's quarry on Miller's road, on the right. I put in Miller's road at Brightwood and my GPS took me right there! BTW, you will see a sign saying no shooting when conservationists are working on the river. I imagine it will need to get a little warmer before that happens.

I'm not knocking it.
The link you posted was to Wildwood Park that I have never been to. That does not look like a good place to shoot.
However if you would have said Miller's Quarry on Millers Rd near Wildwood park I would have looked there.

Thanx for the tip, now I have another spot to check out if I am in the area.;)

Thanks again! I imagine it's still safe to shoot steel?

I would imagine it's ok ATM. Likely when Tillamook State Forest raises the fire danger above low that it's no longer ok.

It'll be pretty obvious when it gets into the dry season, but you should be able to check fire danger risks online relatively easily. Also please note that AFAIK, exploding targets (tannerite) are prohibited up North Fork at all times. Just an FYI on that.

Hmmm. Yeah I'd like to keep it under 2 hours ideally. Anything 2 hrs or over is gonna be a bit too much in gas for me, but if my search is fruitless I'll definitely reach back out. Thanks for the offer i really appreciate it!
I guess it is not clear which side of PDX you're on, but near the Faraday dam, just beyond Estacada, there's another place for target practice.

The OZ pit area on the east side looks to be about 2 hrs from me, about the same as the Pittsburg pit.
Oz looks to have about 145 yds and you can drive right up to it and not have to pack in a bunch of gear like other places.
Which for me if I make the drive, I'm going to be there a while with multiple guns, ammo, table, chairs and steel plates. I'm unloading and setting up shop next to my rig and not humping that stuff anywhere.

I have Mondays off and like to go out on that day so as to have the place to myself.

This is definitely important to me too.

Thanks again! I imagine it's still safe to shoot steel?

Yup...Lane #4 is most suited to shoot steel with rifle calibers at Wolf Creek. Some also shoot steel on #3. I've also shot steel and paper on the right side of lane #4 with pistol calibers from .22 to .45

061418%2003_zpsjlgalmxj.jpg

061418%2002_zps6uirexrv.jpg

120118%2002_zpsewgnjqbi.jpg

I really like that spot. I only stop in when I'm headed that way though.
It would be nice to have something like that on the east side.
I detest 26 traffic during the week (ok weekends too) and avoid it like the plague it is if I don't have to be on it.
Same for most of 205, I5, 84.. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.....o_O

"Snaketooth," southern Oregon, Brookings area, We have two spots, one for handguns, the other for rifles. They are within 1/4 mile of each other. Weekends are out, always busy and some jerks bring beer. They also bring their old TV's, refrigerators, etc., shoot 'em up and leave them for others to clean up. We just go into the hills and find an isolated area on BLM land.

Here's my favorite spot. It's a large rock quarry and you can squeeze 100yds out of it if you try. Plenty of room and not over populated like Brown's Camp is. Turn off Hwy26 just after Sunset Rest Area (1/2hr west of North plains OR.) here's the GPS/Satellite link:

Google Maps

Let me know if you want company or a guide. I'm more of a social shooter lately :)

Here's my favorite spot. It's a large rock quarry and you can squeeze 100yds out of it if you try. Plenty of room and not over populated like Brown's Camp is. Turn off Hwy26 just after Sunset Rest Area (1/2hr west of North plains OR.) here's the GPS/Satellite link:

Google Maps

Let me know if you want company or a guide. I'm more of a social shooter lately :)

Thanks!! I need more range buddies!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top