JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy Folks,
Does anyone know of outdoor areas within a few hours of Seattle that are still accessible for shooting? Getting really bored of the local ranges and want to get outside - the few places I knew of years ago are now closed off.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

I have heard (I haven't been or tried) that the exit past Tinkham #42(which is off limits) is ok to shoot outdoors.

I recently went camping at Lake Kachess (47.359219,-121.253011)(about 45 minutes going 80 from the Eastside) and of the National Forest roads, you can shoot 1/2 mile off each side of the road. When you get to the campsite, TL, drive up the road, when it "T's", I usually go right and then follow that to the end, park and hike out 1/2 a mile. Every time I have been there, I have heard others shooting even shooting some tannerite targets. There are even signs posted along the road stating that shooting is permitted 1/2 on each side of the road. The rangers are very cool as well, as I was open carrying while camping.

PS: Still lovin the Kimber

I have heard (I haven't been or tried) that the exit past Tinkham #42(which is off limits) is ok to shoot outdoors.

I recently went camping at Lake Kachess (47.359219,-121.253011)(about 45 minutes going 80 from the Eastside) and of the National Forest roads, you can shoot 1/2 mile off each side of the road. When you get to the campsite, TL, drive up the road, when it "T's", I usually go right and then follow that to the end, park and hike out 1/2 a mile. Every time I have been there, I have heard others shooting even shooting some tannerite targets. There are even signs posted along the road stating that shooting is permitted 1/2 on each side of the road. The rangers are very cool as well, as I was open carrying while camping.

Hey thanks Man! In the last few minutes of digging around, I found this handy resource: WGO Range Map - looks like any of the locations labeled 'honey hole' are open public land.

Also glad to hear the Kimber worked out for ya!

Tinkham is closed. I shot up there three times (along with many other groups shooting out there). Finally went out on a rainy day to chase off the masses and a sheriff stopped me and told me it was illegal. Let me finish my magazine though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top