Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Outdoor area within about an 1-1.5 hr of everett

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by alphafox, Mar 23, 2013.

1. alphafox

alphafox USA New Member

I am new to the board and am looking for a reasonable location within about an 1-1.5 hrs of Everett/Marysville, Wa to shoot an old cowboy pistol. I have been an avid shooter in the Midwest and am hoping to continue in the Northwest.

I follow the following self imposed rules:

• Bring a target frame and paper targets (not into using reject appliances or other silly/stupid/dangerous targets)
    • Layout a tarp and collect all fired brass
    • Bring a contractor size trash bag and clean up/haul out any trash found from others

If you are so kind as to help me find a location, I would be very grateful. I know if I had found a good location I would not want someone to cause problems. I would be happy to meet, if needed to show that I am not that sort.

Thanks in advance.

2. B Ready

B Ready NW New Member

This time of year, The northfork pit (whatcom county) may Be a good option for you. There are two easy spots. One along side the road and the better one (the big pit) another 1/4 mile on the left. There's lots of info/ directions, gps on here if you go back a few pages or search.

Exit #255 (Bellingham) 1 hour from Marysville
    East on Mt Baker Hwy (For about 20-25 min)
    Right Mosquito Lake Road (for a min or two)
    Left on Northfork Road (15 -20 min)(watch speed) Stay straight at the forks. (Better Way) If you come up Exit Bow Hill - Parson Creek Road - hwy 9 - right on Mt baker hwy you should be able to get up there in 1.5 hours.

There's no snow, and lots of room. There's also plenty of trash to pickup.....

Hope this helps. I don't do much shooting down south, but anywhere that is a good possibility likely has lots of snow on it.

Plantation range (whatcom county) is also on your way and may be ok for your needs. You can scope it out and it's right off the I-5. The range fee ($9 I think) may offset the gas to go other places? Plantation is on the NOrth Lake Samish exit about 10 minutes before Bellingham.

Hope this helps,
    B

3. B Ready

B Ready NW New Member

Thanks for policing your trash and cleaning up too! Up here a lot of people just don't understand. Fortunately, once you start cleaning other will pitch in to help. Sadly, some shooters think it's been that way forever and don't bother. There are a lot of really active cleanup people, it's just hard to stay on top of it. Maybe we'll see you up there someday.

Thanks,
    B

4. adjuster56

adjuster56 seattle New Member

granite falls?

5. bsolo

bsolo Whatcom Co, WA New Member

There has got to be something closer then Northfork, heck I live up here and it takes me about 45 min to get there.