JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So long story short I have a NFA trust I created living in Nevada.

Can i use this trust to purchase firearms in the state of Oregon?

I haven't been able to get a straight answer.

I spoke with the lawyer group that set up my trust in Nevada. Sounds like I am good to go, but he was not all that reassuring.

If anyone here has more knowledge on the subject that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Reno911

Maybe speak with an attorney in Oregon who is familiar with Oregon trust laws? I realize it's more expensive upfront than NWFA advice, but it's probably cheaper in the long term ;)

I'm likely just going to use it. I double checked with the group in Nevada. They said I should be good to go. I'm going to have to form 1 a few items!!!

A trust is a lot like a joint bank account. The items in the account have to be legal where they are present as well as the person in possession. If I made a SBR in Oregon using the trust I set up in Nevada the SBR is legal in both states and must be in Oregon. If transferred to my dad in Nevada we would have to file paperwork with the ATF and we could then move it to Nevada since it is still legal in that state and my dad is legal to own it. Where the trust was made really has no concern unless specific wording was input for that state. Mine was a very simple NFA trust. There is no specific wording retaining to only use of the trust in Nevada. Nor any wording binding it to the state of Nevada.

This is not legal advise. This is just how the lawyer group explained it to me. I in no way imply to know what I am talking about. However the lawyer group said I am in the clear and they are backing my trust, so I feel fine using it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews