JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for advice on an out of state purchase of a suppressor. This suppressor is on a form- 4 to an individual in Georgia.

So what am I asking advice for?

First:
To do a transaction on a NFA item on a form-4 a tax stamp is to be paid to from the person selling to the class III dealer in the sellers state. In turn the class III dealer can then send the item to my dealer here in Oregon on a from 3 tax free transfer. then I pay my tax stamp of $200.
Total tax stamps paid=2 ($400)

For those of you who have done this type of transaction/ transfer before please confirm or deny.

Second and most important:

The reason I am willing to go through this hassle is for an AAC M4-2000 mod-8 in a 6.5 Grendel. I know I didn't believe such a thing existed until I got the pictures. There were only a few produced and this item is one of them. The seller is selling the suppressor due to the EXTREME shortage of 6.5 Grendel ammo on the market. The item is in mint condition and has had 80 rounds through the suppressor. The price for the suppressor is under $600.00

So Im asking if this transaction is worth the hassle for a used suppressor?

Thanks for reply's

~K

You are correct that it's a 2 stamp transfer.

However, the faster way (instead of 3 total transfers) is to do it in 2.

Have the seller Form 4 it to your dealer.
Then Form 4 it from your dealer.

Still 2 stamps, but only 2 (versus) 3 transfers. That Form 3 could add 1.5 months or more to the total wait time.

That's interesting. I never thought of that. So the seller Form-4's it to the dealer here in Oregon, how is it possible ? I thought (this is were the problem usually begins) that the item had to be sent from a class III dealer?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top