JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Oregon and work in Washington. My understanding is that I can purchase long guns but not handguns in Wa. I also hear that in Wa a CHL is ok in place of a NICS check. So I have a resident CHL in Or and a non resident ChL in Wa. Would that make any difference in handgun purchase in Wa?

You CAN purchase any gun,non nfa,out of state as long as it is legal in YOUR state of residence.
I know if it's a bordering state you can take the long gun with you after a nics check,cause your wa ccp doesn't replace that.
If you buy a hand gun in another state you would have to have the selling FFL mail it to your favorite FFL back home.
But you can buy guns in any free state. People do it hourly all across the country on GB

You CAN purchase any gun,non nfa,out of state as long as it is legal in YOUR state of residence.
I know if it's a bordering state you can take the long gun with you after a nics check,cause your wa ccp doesn't replace that.
If you buy a hand gun in another state you would have to have the selling FFL mail it to your favorite FFL back home.
But you can buy guns in any free state. People do it hourly all across the country on GB

*^^ that one;)

Well yeah, if you say it like that. :D I meant you cant walk in a gun shop and walk out with a handgun in any state but your own.

A C&R license will let you buy handguns in other states as long as they are 50 years old. Washington says you need a BG check for guns bought and sold in Oregon. Guns bought in other states are not bought in Oregon.

A C&R license will let you buy handguns in other states as long as they are 50 years old. Washington says you need a BG check for guns bought and sold in Oregon. Guns bought in other states are not bought in Oregon.

That's a bit convoluted, could you please clarify? Not trolling just confused.

It's Oregon that requires BG checks not WA. Strait $20 transfer here.

Not sure about the C&R regs so I'll take your word for it.

Your last sentence is true but I'm not sure of the point...

Washington also requires background checks. Did before Oregon. Neither state allow a c&r purchase in state without a BGC. What happens out of state happens out of state.
The official fee in Oregon is $10. No fee in Washington but your dealer may charge you.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads