JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is my experience I had with Columbia County and Sheriff Dickerson--it was all good.
I filled out all the paperwork in advance. Yes, with the two personal character references and the letter on why I needed (read wanted) a CHL for Oregon.
It was, I thought, a pain, but I did it because the sheriff required it. In November I made an online appointment.
Went to St. Helens on the 22nd of January and received my license in the mail today--the 27th.
The receptionists were outstanding. The one receptionist finger printing me mention that that today was the "first-come-first-serve" they were having in several months. She was not looking forward to today. She also mentioned that due to the amount of people applying that theirs would require a longer wait to receive the license.
One person in the office was renewing and told me that the sheriff treated Washington CC applicants OK. And he was right.

This is my experience I had with Columbia County and Sheriff Dickerson--it was all good.
I filled out all the paperwork in advance. Yes, with the two personal character references and the letter on why I needed (read wanted) a CHL for Oregon.
It was, I thought, a pain, but I did it because the sheriff required it. In November I made an online appointment.
Went to St. Helens on the 22nd of January and received my license in the mail today--the 27th.
The receptionists were outstanding. The one receptionist finger printing me mention that that today was the "first-come-first-serve" they were having in several months. She was not looking forward to today. She also mentioned that due to the amount of people applying that theirs would require a longer wait to receive the license.
One person in the office was renewing and told me that the sheriff treated Washington CC applicants OK. And he was right.

I know this is an old thread, but I am thinking about getting CC in Columbia County (I live in Chehalis) and I was wondering what you used for a "compelling" reason. My wife and I hike and pick berries around St. Helens and I would like to carry while I am there. Thanks

Late answer, but just saw this thread.

I'm a Clark County resident who just received my OR CHL, I stated "travel and work in Portland Metro area" for my reason.

I hope this helps.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads