JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We are taking a trip to see family back east some time in the future.
I have Oregon and Washington Concealed carry licenses. (rather useless elsewhere)
Idaho has a regular CCW that covers the balance of states I need to transverse (cept Illinois which I can easily avoid) reciprocity speaking.
I know out of state can apply for their enhanced, but is a time consuming event usually two days.
Does any know if out of state folks can apply for Idaho's regular non enhanced card?
I was told, their regular card I can get on my way through their state, essentially stopping across the border and filling out forms then leave with a valid temporary.
I'm not totally comfortable with my source and rather not leave and find out I shot myself in the foot (pun intended).
I thought I'd try NWFA's bank of knowledgeables before I tried calling Idaho's state attorney.
Thank you kindly
Thor

I was going to suggest UT as well. FWIW, I mailed my application and prints back on Jan 19th and got the card a few weeks ago

I'm not sure what recent legal changes in ID has done with their CCW process. I know all ID residents can CC without permit, though I know they will accept CHLs from other states, though I'm not sure it's as limited as it used to be just last month.

Why not just get a Utah license that's offered all over the place?
I looked at that,
I liked my plan better, and lower cost, 20 bucks I was told ,
I don't need a middle man to pay, cause even though I cant find some other accreditations of long ago, I still have my 1959 NRA hunter safety card which makes me good to go in Idaho (again, I am told).
Plus, I'll be passing through anyway and a good reason to stop for lunch after resting up in the Wallowa's...... but would be an option, if it turns out I was lead astray.

I thought (before the constitutional carry went into effect) Washington and Oregon were good to go through Idaho??? I called the Lemhi county sheriff last time I was there just to make sure and he said I was good to go with my licenses....That was 4 years or so ago though. If somethings changed I'd like to know also....

I thought (before the constitutional carry went into effect) Washington and Oregon were good to go through Idaho??? I called the Lemhi county sheriff last time I was there just to make sure and he said I was good to go with my licenses....That was 4 years or so ago though. If somethings changed I'd like to know also....
Maybe you should put the scotch down and reread my original post:) Amongst other places, I'm headed to Ohio thereby the reference to skirting around Illinois.

Maybe you should put the scotch down and reread my original post:) Amongst other places, I'm headed to Ohio thereby the reference to skirting around Illinois.

After re-reading the post, and having a buddy read it, I get it.....sorry, brain malfunction. Tap rack reassess......BTW, it's a caucasian not scotch. That's for the weekends. I prefer Pappys, 23yr........

Just an FYI, ID constitutional carry doesn't go into effect until 7/1/16 and you must be a resident. You can check usacarry.com and see what CHL is good for where you will be traveling through, rather than trusting 2nd hand info. Not likely that anyone will intentionally give you bad info, but better to know for sure. Have a good trip.

I'll be spending next weekend with David Frazier @ Beavercreek Armory for assistants acquiring Utah's gift to me.
When my Washington permit expires, I wont need to renew that.

Bittersweet was the Idaho non enhanced. Albeit the simplicity of process and acceptance of my 50+ year old Hunters safety card is correct, nothing is by mail. It would have taken at least two trips or more to Idaho to complete the process. First, sign up pay up, and fingerprinting gets sent in. When that returns approved, a second trip to get your picture taken and card made.
Unless, the finger prints weren't clean/ readable: redo the prints, and send in again.
One trip for grins, but two? or three? I'm good with a 5 1/2 hour class and $75 bucks.
Good Bless the State of Utah!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top