JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While our primary focus here is the Pacific Northwest...
I am not aware of any rule saying that a member needs to be from the Pacific Northwest to buy , sell , trade or take part in the forum.

That said...
Buyer beware is always good advice.
Andy

I just had a buyer from the southeastern US... he's a good guy and had no problem at all. This reminds me to leave feedback for that cat.

In the internet age, even local/regional transactions can be global.

A notable exception would be the laughable Ebay vehicle ads that say stuff like, "...pretty rust-free for a Michigan car".

Uh, dude. .. not exactly a selling point when people in AZ or SoCal are also looking at it. Save that tidbit for the local classifieds.

Ok just wondering as I've always considered this more of a local page for ftf deals as there are already also many national pages. Been around for a few years and just recently have seen more east coast sellers popping up. For me it defeats the purpose of a local board.
Thanks

Are we allowing sellers out of the pnw?
We have an east coast seller here trying to sell items.
Kinda thought this was for local to the nw folks? Did this change?

Admin?
Anyone is welcome to join and utilize the site including the classifieds that even goes for NON supporting members.;)

Also, some of these guys are people who used to live up here but moved due to work or other life happenstances.
FTF is always better but there are somethings that are specialized so having a further reach is good.

Anyone is welcome to join and utilize the site including the classifieds that even goes for NON supporting members.;)

I don't see any problem with sellers/buyers from all over the U.S. posting here. Though sellers HERE should be able to make their own rules if they do or don't want to ship, and have them respected. I had a brief issue with someone insisting, repeatedly, how easy it would be for me to ship a gun to him.

Being a techn-boob, I still don't know how to stop seeing the classifieds.

Once, we could hit 'Summary' and bam, they'd be gone.

No more.

Now, I have to wade through them again, sigh...

So, how the heck do I avoid seeing the classifieds as I'm neither a buyer or seller of anything here without me being a skilled internet navigator?

Thanks!

On SIG Talk I have bought a few items (barrels, slides, etc.) from people across the US - if they have a history on the forum. But usually I only buy FTF. I've bought a few items remotely here, but again people with a history here.

Someone who signed up last week and has 1 post that is selling something? Nope.

Nothing says you gotta buy from people on the east coast, but sometimes they have stuff that no one else is selling. Just do your due diligence and be careful.

If I'm interested in what they are selling, I'll ask for feedback from other places. If they don't immediately give you some, that's a massive red flag.

I guess, I'm neither a buyer (and couldn't be bothered to be a seller) as I'm not a gambler when it comes to buying from potential scammers.

On a rather regular basis, I see posts where someone bought here (and on one other gun board I visit) people complaining of being ripped off.

Not for me.

I buy face to face in brick and mortar stores - call me old fashioned.

My wife buys small potatoes items from Amazon, while I frown...

Methinks your subtlety was lost....

Being a techn-boob, I still don't know how to stop seeing the classifieds.
In the classifieds, go into each individual forum, at the top, there's a button, "IGNORE FORUM". Clicking on it should do the trick. And, as long as you're not ignoring me, you'll see this. :D

1585588757070.png

Feedback is important to me as Ive had a couple people want me to ship my pistols for sale cross country but they had no posts or feedback so i declined.

I think it speaks well of the forum attracting others, I guess I misread the title, I didn't know it said NWFA "ONLY".

Many folks in the east consider "Out West" as being Midwest. Joe has even encouraged us to help invigorate his SWFA forum.

Also; I don't see folks complaining of being Ripped off from this forum "on a regular basis". None of the over fifty transactions I've done from members here have been anything bet pleasurable. I doubt there is a store, person, forum or even a church that won't have their share of detractors sooner or later. On the contrary, those not up to snuff usually will get called out and publically admonished sooner or later. A lot of members are watching our backs here, thank you kindly.

If you are buying face to face then likely the purchaser didn't perform due diligence in inspection.

If you buy sight unseen then there are ways to hedge your bet. We bought a six month old, sixty eight thousand dollar conversion van from a distressed sale for twenty six thousand on E bay. After checking out the seller thoroughly, sending money sight unseen was still a little unnerving but for two things; we ensured that the money was transferred bank to bank for the paper trail it provided but the biggest comfort was E Bay guaranteed the vehicle was exactly as described or they would refund all our money. I would not have gone through with the deal without the guarantee. Our only loss would have been our flight to Arizona and back.

If you buy from a forum, auction, or individual with less than stellar reputation, then it is buyer beware, proceed with caution.

I sold a pistol to a guy from Michigan who only has one post on this forum, and that was an inquiry about my gun. He joined strictly to buy it. It was one that I had been trying to sell for quite awhile and was a bit of an oddball. Without that interaction I would probably still have it.
I've done deals with other members who didn't have any feedback and all have been excellent. I'm happy to be able to give them their first positive feedback.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top