JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Time to wake this thread up again. Spent part of the holiday weekend with friends up at Timothy lake. Saw some beautiful sights including a tree that was almost completely hollow:

BTW, if you look carefully in the 4th photo, just above the tree line and peeking through the clouds is the top of Mt Hood.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
Did you do any fishing? Crawdads? I always loved Timothy Lake. It's more like the open forests that I grew up on in Utah's Wasatch and Uinta Mountains! We used to drive around the upper end on a dirt road and walk/carry our gear a couple hundred yards to the bank and fish. It smells so good up there.

We only camped a couple of times over all these years. It was/(still is?) a major party place for the kids. It was a party place for us, though we never got loud or caused problems.

Did you do any fishing? Crawdads? I always loved Timothy Lake. It's more like the open forests that I grew up on in Utah's Wasatch and Uinta Mountains! We used to drive around the upper end on a dirt road and walk/carry our gear a couple hundred yards to the bank and fish. It smells so good up there.

We only camped a couple of times over all these years. It was/(still is?) a major party place for the kids. It was a party place for us, though we never got loud or caused problems.

No fishing, I haven't fished in decades. We were there visiting a group that camped this weekend (we were just there for the day). But we did hike some trails and just took in the scenery and the fresh air. I love how it's kind of in the transition from the rainforest over to the more high dessert type forest, crossing from Douglas Fir to Ponderossa Pines. Great place to get out and enjoy to be sure.

We were near the Pine Point campground.

Beautiful.

Thanks.

I have long maintained that professional photographers have a real easy job in the PNW. I'm no great shakes with a camera, but so many of my poor efforts have seen publication that I can't help but opine that if you had a camera in your hands as you fell a$$ over t*t down the aircraft steps, and just happened to press the button while you were doing it, the result would worth putting on the front cover of the NG.

upload_2016-9-6_16-9-54.png

tac

Beautiful.

Thanks.

I have long maintained that professional photographers have a real easy job in the PNW. I'm no great shakes with a camera, but so many of my poor efforts have seen publication that I can't help but opine that if you had a camera in your hands as you fell a$$ over t*t down the aircraft steps, and just happened to press the button while you were doing it, the result would worth putting on the front cover of the NG.

View attachment 310872

tac

It is hard to get a bad photo in Oregon :)

That is an amazing photograph! LOVE it!
I love cape lookout- I've spent the night on the beach right at the base of the cape a couple times, and i used to go to the Boy Scout camp there (camp merriwether, great memories). I gotta get down there before winter kicks in!

Crabin off Cape disappointment. Dead man's cove on the right:eek:. Arrr

Buoy 10 from the Megler bridgeo_O

californian sneekin up to Long Beach

IMG_0154_zps9f2jwrkq.jpg buoy10A_zpsffj5mbjk.jpg IMG_0332_zpsnv5cvyyb.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA