JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New Yorkers today have lost their right today to use a majority of semi auto handguns, many which require 10rd magazines. I highly doubt many manufacturers will produce these 7rd magazines for just New York residents, although I am sure a few larger manufacturers will do so.

I am very afraid to see what will happen when the New York government sends armed police/military to the homes of people they suspect have possession of these now "illegal" magazines. As much as I hate to say it, I think the potential for violence and bloodshed would be imminent. Even if the Supreme Court strikes down this heinous and draconian, unconstitutional law, how many innocent gun owners will have been murdered and imprisoned before the law is struck down? And, as someone else pointed out, even if the law is struck down by the Supreme Court, it will face fierce resistance from the tyrants in New York who may or may not adhere to judgment without federal intervention. I am thinking something in line with what we saw during the end of the Jim Crow era laws , where the Federal government had to step in to counter unconstitutional laws some states made barricaded black people from attending "white" schools.

Essentially, what is being done in New York is not much different than what was done in the South during the 1950s/60s with Jim Crow laws. This is tyranny we must expect when a state thinks they can make their own laws and dismiss the Constitution of the United States.

I like your way of thinking! Never even crossed my mind to bury them either. What's the point? THEY will just keep harrassing you or cart you, your family, or friends off and torture you or them till someone talks! And I don't think I'm very far off as to the length THEY will go to get ALL of our guns. It's just a matter of time but, THEY will never get mine as long as I am breathing! USE'em if ya got'em!

Originally Posted by Father of four
I guess I am radical because I believe in freedom.

You and I both.

Here's a quote I received from the Buckeye Firearms email today....

"When we got organized as a country, [and] wrote a fairly radical Constitution, with a radical Bill of Rights, giving radical amounts of freedom to Americans, it was assumed that Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly .... When personal freedom is being abused, you have to move to limit it." - Bill Clinton

Which is what the liberals see as the "right" course of action. While the libertarian in us knows that what we need is NOT the limitation of freedom, but of the lawbreakers who would abuse it. Don't limit freedom.

Sodbuster

in case you or i missed it here is the act

Governor Cuomo Signs Groundbreaking Legislation That Will Give New York State the Toughest Protections Against Gun Violence in the Nation | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

crazy

oh and

Nice work NY you made (if they don't register guns or get rid of the guns and magazines that hold more then 10 rounds) NY's are now felons for what they did that was not illegal when they bought them.
(The prohibition of ex post facto state laws is found in Article I, Section 10, Clause 1.)
In The Federalist No. 78, Alexander Hamilton noted that "the subjecting of men to punishment for things which, when they were done, were breaches of no law" is among "the favorite and most formidable instruments of tyranny." Thomas Jefferson noted in an 1813 letter to Isaac McPherson "the sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right."

Looks to me like a bunch of people may be leaving that $_it hole of a state.

Should read:
"...That Will Give New York State the Toughest Restriction on Personal Defense in the Nation"

I have to say I am not surprised at anything happening over the last few months. Many folks wrote threads on this type of thing happening right here on this site, about how in this administrations second term you would see more and more gun control and in general our freedoms errode even further. But you always saw the posts that called you or I (the pro-gun, heck... pro-freedom loving Americans for that matter) extremists, or henny penny, "idiots who know nothing about politics", old fashioned, narrow minded, "mis-informed or not in touch" with the "new" America, no understanding of the constitution, and on and on it went. Maybe some were paid to post, but many for some reason voted for this guy, blind to who and what him and the rest of these progressive zealots are actually doing to this once GREAT country, blind to the destruction being caused one crisis at a time. we are the frogs in the kettle.

I am not even sure why I am writing this or really what can even be done. I can do little more than sadly shake my head when I read this and other threads like it. I see bits of fire in people, but is it enough? overall we are being torn apart from the inside, led by 2 parties merging into one and the same...nutless, gutless wonders they are, drunk on spending and power, content to ride the sinking ship into its icy grave leaving absolutely nothing but ashes for my kids and yours. I just think back to those comments from people who supported this president...and still do and think, my God what have these people done?

I was doing some light reading :nuts: and found this.
Looks like some parts of the NY law could have some challenges.

U.S. Constitution
Article I - Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States
No State shall..... ; pass any ......, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts

And for those who didn't know it.. the following happened in commiefornia after the state "AWB" passed..

Detachable magazine SKS rifles that were registered (by the fools who did so, hoping to be "legal") were subsequently confiscated.. yes, that's right, confiscated

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top