JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For example... when someone asks me "How's it going?", I'll say "Awesome! I just got this gun/ammo/accessory" and explain it excitedly. Maybe show a photo on my iPhone. If the person looks really liberal, I'll show a non-threatening old revolver. This always challenges people's perception of guns. Now, they think "Wow, that looks fun."

The worst part is when it's someone I've known for years, and they'll start whispering "Oh my god I have that gun too! But I keep my hobby secret, etc". Ultimately if we don't speak up, we'll probably get the California and New York style laws.

And always offer a free range trip if you can. This is one of the best ways to get people to change their mind about guns. Once they change their mind about guns, they will be much more open to changing their mind about gun control.

Yeah, pretty disturbing for sure. But their governor (supposedly a 2016 presidential fore-runner) is straight up bat bubblegum insane. He was talking confiscation of firearms, now they're going to make it a misdemeanor to possess something you legally own and legally obtained.

Time to write your state reps.

I have to disagree...IT'S TIME WE TAKE A STAND! TO RISE AGINST THE GOVERMENT AND OVER POWER THEM!!....I AM DONE WRITTING TO THE STATE REPS.

Umm, before you declare your intentions for armed insurrection (from the comfort of your couch)

Make sure your spellcheck is on.

Poor grammar can ruin an otherwise badass sentiment ;)

I have to disagree...IT'S TIME WE TAKE A STAND! TO RISE AGINST THE GOVERMENT AND OVER POWER THEM!!....I AM DONE WRITTING TO THE STATE REPS.

THIS is wrong! This is exactly the kind of rhetoric that the media will be waiting for on Saturday, Jan. 19th. The entire world is watching this issue unfold right now and the LAST thing we need is for people to come across as unstable gun nuts. This is the type of comment that will fuel the desire to remove the rights we are fighting for.

You may be frustrated. You may be angry. You may be scared. But, please, do not take the bait. Our rights will be maintained by demonstrating clearly and factually that we are better off embracing the 2nd Amendment than by running from it.

P.s. ,

If you suddenly meet a new friend, who really understands you, and understands the need for a second American revolution.

Just walk away. Stay out of federal prison.

Thanks deadeye, you said what I thought without the sarcasm.

Drz, I'm sorry, sometimes I just go for the "low hanging fruit" of comedy.

I get the frustration. I'm frustrated too.

Just on a personal level, I am very disappointed by the gun rights "leadership" that we have.

I mean sorry, they are making it easy for people who want restrictions.

P.s. ,

If you suddenly meet a new friend, who really understands you, and understands the need for a second American revolution.

Just walk away. Stay out of federal prison.

Unfortunately this kind of thing is probably going to spread. I imagine that it will be challenged in court and if that challenge does not succeed then you might as well just hand in your guns and magazines now cause that is where it will go and not just in New York.

New York does have to be one of the most wacko places on earth however. In New york City it will be illegal to sell Sodas over 16 oz. I don't even drink soda and I think that would prompt me to move.

Hey Benny: Rick here! Glad to see you're involved! I'll be waiting near the front door and the other entries will be watched also but, they can only speak once and very loudly (if you know what I mean)! Give me a call!!

Here's a link to the text of the NY "assault weapons" ban:

S1422-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Increases the penalty for the possession, use, or sale of certain firearms and ammunition and redefines "assault weapon"; repealer - New York State Senate

Scroll down to "S1422-2013 Text" and then start reading at "22. 'ASSAULT WEAPON' MEANS ANY:"

It also allows the Superintendent of State Police to arbitrarily add additional weapons to the list.

Interestingly, grenade launchers are also banned, presumably because they've been used so frequently in mass murders.

It was KNOWN on another firearms site I used to spend alot of time on that we were monitored by LE.

Of course we are.

The way I see it is like this. When surfing the web you are away from your home. While you can say and do what you want, you can also be held responsible for it. Be careful what you say and do while out in public.

Here's a link to the text of the NY "assault weapons" ban:

S1422-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Increases the penalty for the possession, use, or sale of certain firearms and ammunition and redefines "assault weapon"; repealer - New York State Senate

Scroll down to "S1422-2013 Text" and then start reading at "22. 'ASSAULT WEAPON' MEANS ANY:"

It also allows the Superintendent of State Police to arbitrarily add additional weapons to the list.

Interestingly, grenade launchers are also banned, presumably because they've been used so frequently in mass murders.

A quick glance at the legislation implies surrender of assault weapons be a certain date:

S 3.Section 265.20 of the penal law is amended by adding a new subdi
vision e to read as follows:
E. POSSESSION OF AN ASSAULT WEAPON ON PROPERTY OWNED OR IMMEDIATELY
CONTROLLED BY THE PERSON, OR WHILE ON THE PREMISES OF A LICENSED
GUNSMITH FOR THE PURPOSE OF LAWFUL REPAIR, OR WHILE ENGAGED IN THE LEGAL
USE OF THE ASSAULT WEAPON AT A DULY LICENSED FIRING RANGE, OR WHILE
TRAVELING TO OR FROM THESE LOCATIONS, BY A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED
SUCH WEAPON PRIOR TO JANUARY FIRST, TWO THOUSAND FOURTEEN AND WHO, PRIOR
TO APRIL FIRST, TWO THOUSAND FOURTEEN:
1. RENDERS THE ASSAULT WEAPON PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE; OR
2. SURRENDERS THE ASSAULT WEAPON TO THE APPROPRIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT
AGENCY AS PROVIDED FOR IN SUBPARAGRAPH (F) OF PARAGRAPH ONE OF SUBDIVI
SION A OF THIS SECTION.

I didn't have time to review it in depth, but it looks clear.

Keith

Unfortunately...All the talk and marching to the Capital will do nothing! Why because they know you will do nothing! Do you make the law's ? Hmmm No... they do! They will pass what they want to pass. If you are not willing to fight there is nothing you can do. Not one of you inter-net gurus will join a revolution if there was one ! :s0114: By all means write your state reps., march to the capital and ask for your balls back. I am sure they will listen :s0131: and then step on them!:monty:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top