JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We picked up a chocolate lab female up today, she was born on 9.8.10. Lucked out and stopped in Wholesale Sports in Salem when I was heading home to Corvallis. Saw the ad and called them up. Her name is Gretchen and so far shes getting along with our boxer.

Our plans for her are family pet first and foremost, also going to try and train her to be a bird dog.

11_23_10_1stpic.jpg

11_23_10_7.jpg

11_23_10_13.jpg

11_23_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah both enjoy the couch. Our boxer isnt a big fan of her, she harasses him like no other. They do good together but she likes to try and get him to play.

Right now they both are passed and shes using him as a pillow and hes using the wife as a pillow. Our son is excited and wants to teach her to hunt also. We bought her a lil stuffed duck that makes noise, he was picking it up pretending it was flying then made a gun with his other hand. He would go bang and drop it and tell her to get it. She just likes chewing on it so far.

Yeah he just trys to hide from her right now. He played with her for awhile today at my brothers house. Its was funny he started to mess with her like she has been doing to him. She went flying a couple of times as his boxing paws got her. She would get up and run right back into it. It was funny to watch and they both enjoyed it. Wore him out though hes getting old.

I cant say how nice it is that she doesnt have a clue about people food. Theres no begging etc, she will lay next to you and wont even glance at your plate. We are going to try and keep this up as long as possible. She loves the senior food that we give our boxer and he likes her puppy food, so we're trying to figure something out with that. It is ironic that Costco puppy food has better ingredients than both Iams and Science Diet.

She is cute....you can't go wrong with a Lab. I have one now and have had two in the past. Loyal, obedient and boy do they love to play!!!!

Make sure you have plenty of chew toys....better then your shoes, paneling, favorite chair arm, edge of drywall, etc.... ha ha ha

ENJOY, they grow up quick.

Yeah she is chewing on everything and anything, especially the boxer which he doesn't appreciate. She has some toys shes been playing with and chewing on.

If we can just get her house trained life would be so much better right now lol.

Yeah she is chewing on everything and anything, especially the boxer which he doesn't appreciate. She has some toys shes been playing with and chewing on.

If we can just get her house trained life would be so much better right now lol.

I have had three Lab pups and one thing is true, God made Lab puppies cute so you wouldn't kill them. :s0114: You can come home from work and look at your slippers that the pup just ate the heels out of (yes, this happened to me) and be ready to strangle them until they look up at you with those big Lab puppy eyes and start wagging their whole body because they are just so glad to see you. You just can't stay mad at them. :)

I have had three Lab pups and one thing is true, God made Lab puppies cute so you wouldn't kill them. :s0114: You can come home from work and look at your slippers that the pup just ate the heels out of (yes, this happened to me) and be ready to strangle them until they look up at you with those big Lab puppy eyes and start wagging their whole body because they are just so glad to see you. You just can't stay mad at them. :)

It's really hard to find a dog breed with a better temperament than a Lab. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top