JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So last night (Halloween) our neighboring business was robbed at gunpoint. I worked with local police this morning because we have surveillance cameras that were able to get footage of the two assailants coming and going.

I'm not going to divulge information that is sensitive due to the fact that it's currently being investigated other than to say that this business sells a particular substance that is now completely legal in our state.

Halloween night between 9pm and 10pm before closing, the business was robbed at "gunpoint." I put that in quotations because the owner, who came to us with another employee of his, believes they were likely fake guns (AK-47s). Apparently one of the workers, strongly believing the gun was fake tried to grab it but the guy roughed him up and then zip-tied him up. Obviously this was a brazen move and regardless, never should have been attempted. There were two workers up against two robbers. Luckily nobody was seriously hurt.

Both assailants were wearing Halloween masks, dressed fully in black and came and left on bicycles. One of the guys had a large bag of loot (product, money, etc).

Stay vigilant guys. Times are getting rough and clearly there are no gun laws out there that were going to stop these cowards from doing this. Our gun laws are tighter now than ever before and these problems are occurring on a more regular basis.

I'm surprised the MJ shop owners weren't armed. They run a business that would be highly attractive for robbers [lots of cash and 'product']. I've never been inside one of those businesses, but noticed the MJ store next to a restaurant I frequent has security and buzzes customers inside.

"Left on bicycles..."
:s0140:

I'm glad nobody was shot.
The shop likely doesn't have armed staff for all the reasons most shops don't have armed staff, and it is illegal to possess firearms if you are in possession of or a user of federally illegal substances.
Does that mean it is a moral law? Not in my opinion, but you be the judge.

When legalization passed, my brother owned commercial/residential property just OVER 1,000 feet from any schools in 97402.

He was hounded by unsolicited offers to lease some of his retail space for insane money. So much so, that he called his insurance agent, because that was a lot of money to leave on the table.

He asked his agent if they insure weed properties. My brother said the answer was, "No, and HELL No!".

It is a cash based business with an non-serialized product.

The only outfit that would even talk to him seriously was Lloyds of London.

Most of these places the employee's are either armed or they have guards at the door. Sorry its either an inside job or someone who frequents the place.
I'm sure there is some law that makes it virtually impossible to carry at a dispensary. I'm curious if they even get to own a gun. "It's the law" ...wonder what the police response time was. I could have asked but probably good thing I didn't..

For what it's worth I have a rental that is a grow house. I was able to triple my rent, and also my insurance. For fire insurance type of policy on a 1000 sq' run down building it is about $1600 a year. But that's cool because my rent went from $800 a month to $2500. Just signed a new 5 year lease last February after the 3 year ran out. Also had to have a lawyer right up a specific rental agreement for $800 and made the required the renters to have renters insurance ($1,000,000) and name us as additional insured.

Last Edited:
We have at least 6 in a town of 12K. There may be more. It took me a month to realize that the convenience store that replaced a wireless phone dealer was mking use of the building's drive thru window.

For what it's worth I have a rental that is a grow house. I was able to triple my rent, and also my insurance. For fire insurance type of policy on a 1000 sq' run down building is about $1600 a year. But that's cool because my rent from $800 a month to $2500. Just signed a new 5 year lease last February after the 3 year ran out. Also had to have a lawyer right up a specific rental agreement for $800 and made the require the renters to have renters insurance ($100,000,000) and name us as additional insured.

$5M umbrella policy for you... just sayin.

I went into one of the shops in Pendleton when they first opened up. Vestibule up front where I was carded and a photocopy taken. Then I was buzzed into the rear. The staff looked buzzed too.... not really. They were very informative on the edible products I was looking at for pain management. But I walked around a bit and none of the named product sounded familiar. He told me that Acapulco Gold, Maui Wowie, et al, are nothing compared to the mind blasting sativa they have today. Whoa.

Was in Pendleton a couple weeks ago and there seemed to be a weed shop on every corner!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top