JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
During the last 10 or so years I have come to the conclusion that there has been a split in the Democratic party. There are VERY FEW actual Democrats anymore, they have morphed into progressive liberals, which to me are a 3rd party and should be treated as such!!!

Damn Jim, why should I have to take time out of my schedule to vote? I just bought a gun and ammo, why are you telling me I need to "get involved"?

Just bein a smart @ss:D

Last Edited:
Friday, February 2nd marked the deadline for bills to be voted out of committee in the house in which they originated. As previously reported, several anti-gun bills received committee votes prior to this deadline; however, many of the bills NRA-ILA has been actively opposing in Olympia failed to receive a vote before the cut-off and are likely defeated for the year. Thank you to NRA members and Second Amendment supporters for attending committee hearings, contacting legislators, and for your continued involvement during the legislation session.

House Bill 1134/Senate Bill 5050, filed at the request of Attorney General Bob Ferguson, would have prohibited the possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of commonly owned semi-automatic rifles and standard capacity ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds. Failed to meet committee deadline.

House Bill 2422/Senate Bill 6049, also filed at the request of Attorney General Ferguson, would have targeted standard capacity ammunition magazines by arbitrarily branding them as "Large Capacity Magazines," and would have prohibited the possession of magazines holding more than ten rounds, with limited exceptions. Those allowed to continue possession of "Large Capacity Magazines" within the limited exceptions would be required to lock up their ammunition magazines or face criminal charges. Failed to meet committee deadline.

House Bill 2666/Senate Bill 6146 would have abolished Washington's decades old state firearm preemption statute. The state preemption statute, passed in 1983, helps keep firearm and ammunition laws consistent throughout Washington by establishing that the State Legislature has full authority to regulate and create laws pertaining to firearms and ammunition. These statutes help prevent a confusing patchwork of gun control laws which make it difficult for gun owners to ensure that they are following the law. Failed to meet committee deadline.

Substitute Senate Bill 5463 would have created civil liability for individuals that do not lock up their firearm if it is obtained and used by a prohibited person in the commission of a crime or to cause harm or injury to another. While NRA encourages storing firearms in a manner that is appropriate for your personal situation, there is nothing in SB 5463 that would have protected individuals who had their firearms stolen or acquired by illegal entry, theft, or burglary. A firearm owner should not be held liable for the crimes committed by a prohibited person who has illegally obtained their firearm. Failed to meet committee deadline.

Senate Bill 6415 would have required individuals to ask for express consent to conceal carry a firearm at the residence of another person. Failure to obtain permission prior to entering the property would result in a misdemeanor crime. Individuals convicted of this new offense would have been required to surrender their concealed pistol license, and would have been prohibited from obtaining a CPL for five years. This vaguely drafted legislation would have targeted Washington's law abiding CPL holders, and as drafted, could even have made it a crime for law enforcement to enter one's property without first requesting permission to carry their firearm. Failed to meet committee deadline.

House Bill 2293 would have prohibited law-abiding individuals from being able to carry a firearm for self-defense at child day care centers and early learning facilities, with limited exceptions. Under this legislation, child care centers would have also been required to post "GUN-FREE ZONE" signs on the premises. Failed to meet committee deadline.

Again, thank you to NRA members and Second Amendment supporters for your continued involvement this session. Please stay tuned to your email inbox for further updates as we continue the fight to protect Second Amendment rights in the Evergreen State.

Last Edited:
Friday, February 2nd marked the deadline for bills to be voted out of committee in the house in which they originated. As previously reported, several anti-gun bills received committee votes prior to this deadline; however, many of the bills NRA-ILA has been actively opposing in Olympia failed to receive a vote before the cut-off and are likely defeated for the year. Thank you to NRA members and Second Amendment supporters for attending committee hearings, contacting legislators, and for your continued involvement during the legislation session.

House Bill 1134/Senate Bill 5050, filed at the request of Attorney General Bob Ferguson, would have prohibited the possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of commonly owned semi-automatic rifles and standard capacity ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds. Failed to meet committee deadline.

House Bill 2422/Senate Bill 6049, also filed at the request of Attorney General Ferguson, would have targeted standard capacity ammunition magazines by arbitrarily branding them as "Large Capacity Magazines," and would have prohibited the possession of magazines holding more than ten rounds, with limited exceptions. Those allowed to continue possession of "Large Capacity Magazines" within the limited exceptions would be required to lock up their ammunition magazines or face criminal charges. Failed to meet committee deadline.

House Bill 2666/Senate Bill 6146 would have abolished Washington's decades old state firearm preemption statute. The state preemption statute, passed in 1983, helps keep firearm and ammunition laws consistent throughout Washington by establishing that the State Legislature has full authority to regulate and create laws pertaining to firearms and ammunition. These statutes help prevent a confusing patchwork of gun control laws which make it difficult for gun owners to ensure that they are following the law. Failed to meet committee deadline.

Substitute Senate Bill 5463 would have created civil liability for individuals that do not lock up their firearm if it is obtained and used by a prohibited person in the commission of a crime or to cause harm or injury to another. While NRA encourages storing firearms in a manner that is appropriate for your personal situation, there is nothing in SB 5463 that would have protected individuals who had their firearms stolen or acquired by illegal entry, theft, or burglary. A firearm owner should not be held liable for the crimes committed by a prohibited person who has illegally obtained their firearm. Failed to meet committee deadline.

Senate Bill 6415 would have required individuals to ask for express consent to conceal carry a firearm at the residence of another person. Failure to obtain permission prior to entering the property would result in a misdemeanor crime. Individuals convicted of this new offense would have been required to surrender their concealed pistol license, and would have been prohibited from obtaining a CPL for five years. This vaguely drafted legislation would have targeted Washington's law abiding CPL holders, and as drafted, could even have made it a crime for law enforcement to enter one's property without first requesting permission to carry their firearm. Failed to meet committee deadline.

House Bill 2293 would have prohibited law-abiding individuals from being able to carry a firearm for self-defense at child day care centers and early learning facilities, with limited exceptions. Under this legislation, child care centers would have also been required to post "GUN-FREE ZONE" signs on the premises. Failed to meet committee deadline.

Again, thank you to NRA members and Second Amendment supporters for your continued involvement this session. Please stay tuned to your email inbox for further updates as we continue the fight to protect Second Amendment rights in the Evergreen State.

Those may be dead now, but everyone needs to remember that it's not over because there are still 4 ea. anti-gun bills alive:

We also lost some good bills, that include

• Exempting CPL holders from I594
  • Hunters Safety
  • Stopping CPL holders names from being made public (So now we can expect Turd Ferguson to publish all CPL holders names and addresses)

Don't let up just because some of the bills are dead, keep fighting. I would almost guarantee that those oxygen thieve in the legislature will try to amend something to penalize gun owners.

Ray

One of these days theyre actually going to ban high cap mags and I'm going to feel a lot better ( or worse ) about that locker full of mags I might or might not have.

According to the NRA Website, these are the bills still active and have the potential to pass... I don't know why I get emails saying Washington Gun Control Bills defeated, when the bills that were defeated were the less severe bills.. Is the NRA trying to convince us they are actually doing something useful here? Why not send the victory emails when the real victory has been achieved..

• Senate Bill 5050, sponsored by Senator David Frockt (D-46), and House Bill 1134, sponsored by Representative Strom Peterson (D-21), would prohibit all possession, purchase, sale or transfer of commonly owned semi-automatic rifles and ammunition magazines holding ten or more rounds.
  • Senate Bill 5444, sponsored by Senator Frockt, and House Bill 1387, sponsored by Representative Laurie Jinkins (D-27), would impose a registration-licensing system for commonly owned semi-automatic rifles and ammunition magazines holding ten or more rounds.
  • Senate Bill 5463, sponsored by Senator Frockt, and House Bill 1122, sponsored by Representative Ruth Kagi (D-32), would require individuals to lock up firearms or potentially face Class C Felony charges. This intrusive government legislation invades people's homes and forces them to render their firearms useless in a self-defense situation by locking them up.
  • Senate Bill 5992, sponsored by Senator Kevin Van De Wege (D-24), would make it a crime to knowingly possess a firearm accessory or any other device, part or combination of parts that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm.
  • Senate Bill 6049, sponsored by Senator Frockt, would prohibit the possession of ammunition magazines holding ten or more rounds, with limited exceptions.

These bills, if passed, means I am leaving this state. Thankfully, I have a remote job (as of now) and don't have any family roots in this state. However, my heart is torn for those who law-abiding gun owners who cannot (or don't want to leave) and will be turned into felons overnight with these Nazi era Waffengesetz laws.

Keeping the pressure on them is key. One of my Reps said that he has multiple guns and supports the 2A, I called him on votes from 2 years ago and told him that I did not believe him. He still tells me every time we chat (email) that he supports the 2A & I tell him to PROVE IT!!! Don't be afraid to call them out, if they really want your input then they must take it all & not cherry pick it.:mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top