JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prepared to pay extremely ridiculous prices for membership, I heard the lovely people behind beavercreek armory are trying to open this place, id love the fact to have a range on the westside but putting up with their bs wouldn't be worth it.

Prepared to pay extremely ridiculous prices for membership, I heard the lovely people behind beavercreek armory are trying to open this place, id love the fact to have a range on the westside but putting up with their bs wouldn't be worth it.

The idea was Beavercreek's Dave Frazier originally, but Michael will run with its on its own. My guess is Dave already had a business to run and the range was a big distraction. IMHO, it was never going to happen. While for Michael, it aligns perfectly with his business goals. He took over with passion.

Besides, Dave was hung up on developing in the Aloclek Dr. area (and too close to civilization). Michael plans to locate it on a more affordable and likelier-to-get approval zone: north of HIO and south of HWY 26.

It's a gamble. We founders may be left hung to dry. But, you weight your risks v benefits. Walk into it with your eyes wide open.

is it going to be a shoot your own ammo place or have to buy it there? It's already shaping up to be a little expensive. What's driving that - drawing the rich folk down from the hills out to our poor farm town?

I compiled a brief FAQ based on conversations I've have with Michael. I am neither a founder member, nor an investor. Information could be innacurate, or may have changed since I last spoke with him. I assume no liability. :D

FAQ

Q. When will Founders membership signup start?
A. We will start selling the founders memberships on March 3rd.

Q. How much is a Founders Membership?
A. The enrollment fee for "Founders" is $250 ( compare to $350 for people who sign up after construction has begun) and the monthly is $35 ($40 for "normal Members"). As a Founder you are also entitled to get your first "piece" purchased at the Pro-Shop for cost which could potentially recoup your enrollment fee.

Q. What if I want to know more about this project?
A. Please check out the details after March 3rd on www.MKTactical.com .

Q. Will I be required to shoot range provided ammo, only?
A. No; you can bring your own ammo.

Q. Are there any other user fees?
A. No; only the monthly fee.

Is micheal the German fella that taught the chl course at beavercreek armory? If Dave has no foot hold in this, id be happy to support. But the way his wife,son do business is freaking terrible.

Is micheal the German fella that taught the chl course at beavercreek armory? If Dave has no foot hold in this, id be happy to support. But the way his wife,son do business is freaking terrible.

Yes, that Michael. And no, Beavercreek is no longer tied to this effort.

Seems awfully pricey for the limited range options offered. I'll be interested to see how this progresses.

Hence, not a Founders member, yet. I see it attracting mostly Intel engineers and other high paying jobs folks , I am afraid. :(

The idea was Beavercreek's Dave Frazier originally, but Michael will run with its on its own. My guess is Dave already had a business to run and the range was a big distraction. IMHO, it was never going to happen. While for Michael, it aligns perfectly with his business goals. He took over with passion.

Besides, Dave was hung up on developing in the Aloclek Dr. area (and too close to civilization). Michael plans to locate it on a more affordable and likelier-to-get approval zone: north of HIO and south of HWY 26.

It's a gamble. We founders may be left hung to dry. But, you weight your risks v benefits. Walk into it with your eyes wide open.

=========================================================

Had to google HIO, never heard it refered to by it's call letters.

I would like to introduce myself to this forum.
My name is Michael Knötig, the founder and owner of MKTactical LLC.I would like to invite everybody who is interested in a Shooting Range on the Westside to check out our new Website www.MKTactical.com that launched last week. Besides information about our class offerings you will also find a lot of information about the Hillsboro Indoor Shooting Range Project.
Within the next few days we will be able to accept “Founders” sign ups online but you will also be able to meet us personally at the Portland Gun Show. We will be located on the opposite side of the entrance at the booth with the large LCD screens. I would love to answer all questions that you might have personally, by phone 503-577-6824 or email [email protected] .
First I would love to clarify some of the questions and rumors that I have heard so far.
1. The Range is not constructed yet. Possible location is going to be in the area around Shute Road close to Highway 26.
2. The “Range pictures” on the website are not photos, rather 3D renderings that my Architect crafted artfully based on the preliminary floor plan of the Range to give potential members an idea what they might expect the Range to look like.
3. It is of utmost importance that we are able to sign up as many “Founders” Members as possible to demonstrate to potential Investors that this is a project that will be successful and there is a real need for this type of business on the Westside . You guys and I know the answer to this question , Banks and Investors look at numbers and nothing else.
4. MKTactical LLC and the Hillsboro Range Project is owned , operated and planned exclusively by myself . No other firearms related business is involved in this project at this time. I do have a group of people ( you could call them advisors) that are supporting me in this project in regards of legal, technical and investment issues.
5. Personally I have a 20 year background of competition shooting (bull’s eye, IPSC, Defensive ).
6. I have built ( with the help of my Dad and several friends) an Indoor Range before, in my fatherland Germany. I managed the Range for several years successfully and the Range is now owned free and clear by the Shooting club in my hometown.
7. Yes there is a chance that we can’t convince the Investors that this is a worthwhile Endeavour ( again this depends mainly in how many “Founders “we can sign up). In that case all (minus a 3% administration fee) enrollment funds will be returned to you. That equates to a $7.50 risk for a single person membership.
8. When we get to build the Range a majority or all of your enrollment fee could be recouped by savings on your first gun purchase in our Pro-Shop . “Normal members” will be able to resell their Membership should they decide that they do not want not use our Range anymore.
9. $35 monthly fee is in my opinion reasonable for what you get. Remember that you don’t spend money on gas and time to travel to further away places and don’t have to purchase overprized ammo.
10. We will offer reasonable priced ammo , bullets, primers and powder.
Reloads will be allowed but have to be approved by management.
I am sure there is many more questions you guys might have. Please don’t hesitate to ask me.
I would hope that I can earn your trust and support for this project which I believe would be a big improvement for everybody that loves shooting firearms for sport or self-defense purposes .
Sincerely
Michael Knötig

assuming a successful "Founders" drive to show adequate interest to the bean counters, what is the projected facility opening date? you still have to get funding, you still have to procure/lease land ? you have to bid and hire construction, permitting, city council approval ? this is soudning like 2011 realistically.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top