JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very very nice. When I lived in WY a life time ago I was very involved in the fur trade era living history too. Attended lots of rendezvous held on the original sites of the fur trade gatherings in and around the state. At one point I built an 1803 Harper's Ferry rifle. In the Lewis and Clark journals it was referred to as the "short" rifle. Still have the dang thang. Thanks for your pics. Makes me remember lots of good times 30 or so years back.

Very very nice. When I lived in WY a life time ago I was very involved in the fur trade era living history too. Attended lots of rendezvous held on the original sites of the fur trade gatherings in and around the state. At one point I built an 1803 Harper's Ferry rifle. In the Lewis and Clark journals it was referred to as the "short" rifle. Still have the dang thang. Thanks for your pics. Makes me remember lots of good times 30 or so years back.

Photos of the rifle?

You are very welcome Pops1911.
Glad to bring back some memories.
I am on the other side of the fence in regards to the issue 0f 1803's to Lewis & Clark and crew.
I am in favor of the issue of the 1795 contract rifle series.
But no real matter ... the 1803 is a fine rifle.
I just bought a book which shows a frontier alteration of a 1803 with a octagon barrel ... very cool.
Like Etrain I would love to see the rifle you built...
Andy

I can do that. Will be home over the weekend and I will get a couple of pics of the rifle. I hand browned it and kept it flintlock for historical accuracy. Happy that others also like the old thunder sticks! .54 by the way. Dang near get my thumb into the barrel. LOL.

I can do that. Will be home over the weekend and I will get a couple of pics of the rifle. I hand browned it and kept it flintlock for historical accuracy. Happy that others also like the old thunder sticks! .54 by the way. Dang near get my thumb into the barrel. LOL.

I'm brand new to black powder guns myself. Just starting to get an appreciation for these old beauties.

I think this is the coolest thing I have seen in the last few weeks. The whole post is a great break from all the political BS going on..

Thank you

PS.. MOAR PICS!!!

If you folks like historical firearms The National Firearms Museum in Cody Wy. is a must visit!
For cool Air Force history and unique aircraft the Museum of the United States Air Force At Write Paterson A.F.B. in Daton Ohio is also a must see!( plan on several days)
For super cool Naval history, there are several must see sights, but Battle Ship Cove in Fall River Mass tops the list! The Submarine Museum in Grotton Ct is also really cool! While in Ct, stop in at Winchester Arms and just up the road is Colt Arms, both have cool tours and there own museums! Remington and Springfield Arms are also really cool!

Here is some before and after pics of an old replica antique gun that AndyinEverson and Dave completed for me. I inherited it after my grandfather passed and they added some very nice touches to it and engraved my grandpas initials in it. I am always so proud to show it off. Thanks again Andy and Dave!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

ogre ,
It would indeed be fun to meet up and talk shop.

Thanks for the heads up pokerace will have to check that out.

You are very welcome mrblond. It is fun to take a break from all the fuss as it were. More pictures will be posted.

Ura-Ki thank you for the kind words regarding my work on Mike's pistol.

Mike1281 ,
It was my pleasure to work on your pistol. I am very glad you like it.
I have in-laws in Portland ... maybe we can meet up there someday.

Our next show will at Greene's GunShop.
August 19th, 20th & 21st.
552 W.Ducken Rd. Campsite
Contact Packrat : [email protected]
Andy

If you folks like historical firearms The National Firearms Museum in Cody Wy. is a must visit!
For cool Air Force history and unique aircraft the Museum of the United States Air Force At Write Paterson A.F.B. in Daton Ohio is also a must see!( plan on several days)
For super cool Naval history, there are several must see sights, but Battle Ship Cove in Fall River Mass tops the list! The Submarine Museum in Grotton Ct is also really cool! While in Ct, stop in at Winchester Arms and just up the road is Colt Arms, both have cool tours and there own museums! Remington and Springfield Arms are also really cool!

I haven't been there since I was separated from the Navy in'64, but my old ship the
USS Intrepid CVS 11, aircraft carrier is now the US Air Sea and Space Museum tied up to a warf in NY Harbor, if you get a chance to do so check it out They have a space shuttle and a concord and many other planes and exhibits, Many of those NY TV police chase scenes recorded on a ship were shot there. Proud old ship was rescued from being made into Japanese cars and razor blades by a wealthy man who bought her for scrap but with grander ideas and due to his efforts she is still afloat!
Go Fighting I!!
Gabby

Last Edited:
If you want to see some nice old guns, go to Jacksonville Or. and check out there Museum. There is a lot
of other old stuff to visit.

Yes, an outstanding collection! A nice museum in general! :)

Andy, I mentioned how cool this thread is, but I forgot to shout out a thank you for being such a great ambassador for us all!
So, Thank You!!!:D

You are very welcome Sgt.Nambu and Ura-Ki.
It is a lot of work to travel and set up ... But so worth it.
We reach a lot of folks. Some have guns and shoot , many however never held a gun before , much less one around 200 years old.
We get loads of questions and do our best to answer in a way that shows all gun owners in a positive light.

While I do not believe that I have "converted" anyone to a pro- gun stance ... it is fun to watch someone who "dosen't really like guns" , load ,shoot and hit a gong with a rifle from the 1830's , break into a big grin when they do so.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top