JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unknown-1.jpeg Unknown-2.jpeg Unknown.jpeg DSC_0025.jpg
So for those of you who don't know , my friend Dave and I have a traveling museum of mostly antique guns.
( about 30 or so )
We travel to various rendezvous and events and talk about the firearms of the fur trade.
We also encourage our visitors to pick up and handle our firearms to learn more about them.
This summer we were at the 1838 Rendezvous in Riverton Wyo. and the Green River Rendezvous at Pinedale Wyo.
Many thanks to the folks at the 1838 Rendezvous and all the staff at the Museum of the Mountain Man for inviting us to play.
Here are a few pictures , more to follow if anyone is interested ...
Andy

etrain,
Haven't had a chance or reason to go there yet.
But if we do I'll let you know ...

Joe13,
Thanks , but that's not my dog.
He was / is a cute "camp follower" . A very cool guy we met owns him. He is is just a pup and goes by the name of "Dawg"
Andy

Very Nice Andy, And thanks for sharing the photos! Way too cool! I really dig the Mountain Man events and love the hands on aspect, really gets the folks involved! Well done Sir, well done! Looking forward to next years events in Wy, will see ya there!

Thank you Ura-Ki and you are welcome.
it is really fun to to talk about the guns , then you hand someone a gun that is around 200 years old or so and WOW!
Do they ever get excited!
I also like showing folks that guns are not dangerous and if treated respectfully can be a excellent teaching tool.
Lots of kids and their parents seemed impressed.
We even let some folks shoot a couple of our old guns.
It would be awesome to meet up next year ...
Andy

Thanks Ura-Ki.
We range in age from the 1790's to an 1883 dated Springfield Infantry rifle.
We have:
Pennsylvania Longrifles and fowlers
Southern Longrifles
Fur trade rifles and trade guns
Original Colt revolvers
A original Sharps rifle
A Springfield 1808 dated flintlock musket
Shooting bags , horns and related accessories like ball moulds and knives etc ...
Indian style archery as well.
As of yet , no Naval Arms ...
Sorry.
Andy

We have thought of expanding to the WWII era ... But that would be a lot of guns and gear to haul.
That being said a combined show with someone else's collection would be a fun thing to do ( Hint, Hint )
Andy

Thanks Ura-Ki.
We range in age from the 1790's to an 1883 dated Springfield Infantry rifle.
We have:
Pennsylvania Longrifles and fowlers
Southern Longrifles
Fur trade rifles and trade guns
Original Colt revolvers
A original Sharps rifle
A Springfield 1808 dated flintlock musket
Shooting bags , horns and related accessories like ball moulds and knives etc ...
Indian style archery as well.
As of yet , no Naval Arms ...
Sorry.
Andy

Any "Brown Bess" muskets in your collection? Or just American models?

We have thought of expanding to the WWII era ... But that would be a lot of guns and gear to haul.
That being said a combined show with someone else's collection would be a fun thing to do ( Hint, Hint )
Andy
Count me in! Now that I have the Big Dahlgren almost finished, and a rig big enough to haul it around, that might be a lot of fun! Plus, The tools and accouterments from that era would be an eye opener for folks not used to seeing any thing Sea related!

Count me in! Now that I have the Big Dahlgren almost finished, and a rig big enough to haul it around, that might be a lot of fun! Plus, The tools and accouterments from that era would be an eye opener for folks not used to seeing any thing Sea related!
That soooo needs to happen.
We need to keep in touch to make it so.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads