JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not against visiting "risky" destinations, just be aware that in many countries there are extremely harsh punishments (up to and including death) for things that aren't even a crime in the civilized world. There is this idealism people here have that deep down everyone sees the world the same way they do and it's just not the case.

"This made an innocent-minded adventurous young man like myself want to show my bravery to improve my reputation and show a western victory over the DPR Korea."

Translation: innocent minded = dumbazz. Adventurous= Should have went to Lake Havasu for spring break instead.
Show my bravery : Join the military snowflake.
Improve my reputation= None of your homeboys/ girls to impress give a rats azz about DPRK or even know where it is at.
Show a western victory= Unable to read US History and understand there have been no Western victories, (save South Korea maybe) in the last 70 years and even the attempts cost tens of thousands of Western ( American) lives.

i strongly believe (and this may be obvious or maybe im an idiot. im fine with both) that the norks injected him with something then sent him back to us to die. maybe to "send a message" or something to us. i really dont know what the solution would be. sure we could take out that fat bassturd but the people over there have been mind fked for so long that i dont think if we take him out that magically everything turns around over there.

Translation: innocent minded = dumbazz. Adventurous= Should have went to Lake Havasu for spring break instead.
Improve my reputation= None of your homeboys/ girls to impress give a rats azz about DPRK or even know where it is at.
Show a western victory= Unable to read US History and understand there have been no Western victories, (save South Korea maybe) in the last 70 years and even the attempts cost tens of thousands of Western ( American) lives.

I wouldn't read anything at all into his trial statements, if that's where this is info is coming from.

He more than likely was told exactly what to say/write & sign.

I am sorry that this young man suffered this time-released execution. I would hope that subsequent American kids traveling abroad would remember this lesson.

American youngsters travel to repressive areas, and maybe even blame their own country for the conditions they find. Then they trespass where they not oughta, find the local drugs, and raise hell contrary to what is allowed in the country they visit, and even shoplift. Then when they get caught, the kids and the families scream like hell. Again, I am very sorry, but ya polk the tiger in the bubblegum just right, and the tiger is gonna get you.

If ya gotta spend your parents money, or ya gotta use up your student loan, travel to your own country, or travel to a place known to be a little more safe. Being a spoiled American kid offers very little protection when you're raising hell in a country that executes folks for petty crimes.

WAYNO.

My idea to take over NK is to load every available aircraft full of bite sized Snickers bars, cigarettes, airline sized booze bottles, bite sized pizza rolls, and nudie magazines and carpet bomb the whole country. Two sorties should have everyone wanting to defect.
Something along those lines is actually happening:

The Plot to Free North Korea With Smuggled Episodes of 'Friends'

For those that don't want to click the link, the short story is that eposodes of the TV show "Friends" are being smuggled into North Korea to show people there the standard of living in the west.

I feel for this family and the loss of their son, but fear there will be no reprisal for the mistreatment of this young man.

My father travelled to NorK just about 10 years ago with a group bringing in some equipment for two hospitals as a humanitarian trip. My father is a Vietnam Navy vet and found this opportunity to return to Asia to visit another divided, isolated country to be too interesting to pass up. He brought back many photos and stories of the people he met there. Of the NK people, he found them very friendly, generally very interested in westerners and cautious. He stayed with the group he was working with and followed the rules to the T. He said he never felt in any danger, though said he wouldn't be foolish enough to break any of the rues, knowing what could happen.

As for the photos, they showed areas that don't normally make it on TV. Behind the phony facades you see on the parade routes is a third world country whose people are deeply impoverished and heavily controlled, programmed really. Those hospitals - a joke - dirty/unsanitary, run down and sparsely staffed. The OR's looked more like torture chambers than what we're used to. I feel bad for the NK people, I hope some day they can get a taste of freedom.

There is this idealism people here have that deep down everyone sees the world the same way they do and it's just not the case.
Yea reminds me of the scene in the movie 'Rambo' where the British Merc is ranting and says. "G - DAM god squatters come over here and get into trouble and then they send in the devil (and he points to himself) to do the lords work"

Great 'interpolations' !
I was discussing this with a pretty conservative co worker who was taking a hard stance on NK about this until I showed him some of this and how this kid was wrong - minded out of the gate and he quickly saw the error of his ways.

As long as we understand the difference between the ruling class and the peasants in NK and don't lump them all together I'm fine with everything nevagribe said about JungFatLo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top