JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Vinegar

When it comes to grocery store products, vinegar is liquid gold. People have been using it for ages – and not just for cooking and preserving foods. Vinegar’s versatility is virtually unmatched; there are literally hundreds of potential applications. Aside from its primary applications, here is just a small sample of all the other things vinegar can be used for:

1. Disinfect wood cutting boards.
2. Soothe a sore throat; use 1 tsp of vinegar per glass of water, then gargle.
3. Fight dandruff; after shampooing, rinse hair with vinegar and 2 cups of warm water.
4. Remove warts; apply daily a 50/50 solution of cider vinegar and glycerin until they’re gone.
5. Cure an upset stomach; drink 2 tsp apple cider vinegar in one cup of water.
6. Polish chrome.
7. Keep boiled eggs from cracking; add 2 tbsp to water before boiling.
8. Clean deposits from fish tanks.
9. Remove urine stains from carpet. (Heh. Hopefully, it’s animal urine!)
10. Keep fleas off dogs; add a little vinegar to the dog’s drinking water.
11. Keep car windows from frosting up; use a solution of 3 oz. vinegar to 1 oz. water.
12. Clean dentures; soak overnight in vinegar and then brush.
13. Get rid of lint in clothes; add 0.5 cup vinegar to rinse cycle.
14. Remove grease from suede.
15. Kill grass on sidewalks and driveways.
16. Make wool blankets softer; add 2 cups distilled vinegar to rinse cycle.
17. Remove skunk odor from a dog; rub fur with full strength vinegar and rinse.
18. Freshen wilted vegetables; soak them in 1 tbsp vinegar and a cup of water.
19. Dissolve mineral deposits in drip coffee makers.
20. Deodorize drains; pour a cup down the drain once a week, let sit for 30 minutes, then rinse.
21. Use as a replacement for a lemon; 0.25 tsp vinegar substitutes for 1 tsp of lemon juice.
22. Make rice fluffier; add 1 tsp of vinegar to water when it boils.
23. Prevent grease build-up in ovens; wipe oven with cleaning rag soaked in distilled vinegar and water.
24. Kill germs; mix a 50-50 solution of vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
25. Unclog shower heads; place in a pot with 50-50 solution of vinegar and water, bring it to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
26. Shine patent leather.
27. Make propane lantern wicks burn longer/brighter; soak them in vinegar for 3 hours, let dry.
28. Act as an an air freshener.
29. Soften paint brushes; soak in hot vinegar then rinse with soapy water.
30. Remove bumper stickers and decals; simply cover them with vinegar-soaked cloth for several minutes.
31. Prolong the life of fresh-cut flowers; use 2 tbsp of vinegar and 3 tbsp of sugar per quart of warm water.

See more helpful tips here.

Other uses for Vinegar, Baking Soda, WD40, Coca Cola, Fabric Softener Sheets and Paper Towels

Wow! I'm suprised this thread didn't take offo_O.

True story:

Redoing the stain on my parents decks. Go and get stain remover 'something just for stripping decks' industrial toxic stuff and do as it instructed on the perfect day.

Let it sit and use 'high quality' pressure washer to try and strip the stain. It took about 1/3 of the stain off and looked awful.

My mom comes out with a Costco sized bag of baking soda and tells me to spread it all over the deck. Goes back in and comes out with the spare new sprayer I got with the first one (1 is none and 2 is one?) in one hand and a gallon of white vinegar in the other (also from Costco, 2 gallons for $4 at the time I think) and says to wet the baking soda.

I have to admit that on mist it was kind of fun spraying down all that baking soda and watching it fizz:D:cool:.

As soon as it was done my mom says to wash it off now, so off I go with the pressure washer again and was stunned to see all (and I mean everything down to the raw wood) of the stain run off.

I finished the deck in half the time and it was spotless.

==========
Been using baking soda and vinegar in place of bleach in a lot of applications since then.

I've used vinegar for years to derust sheet metal car parts. The first time I tried it, I let the parts soak for 4 or 5 days and then pulled the parts out, they still had rust on them. Next time I let the sit longer, with the same results. So I pulled out and grabbed the hose to wash the vinegar off, the rust just blew off the parts. I usually just put them in now for 3 or 4 days now, rinse them off and then use soapy water to neutralize the acid.

Just used baking soda packed into a shower drain and then poured vinegar in it till it cleared the clog (after removing what I could by hand).

(Love my family but dang them girls with long hair make it hard on me sometimes lol)

We used White Cider vinegar to clean the calcium deposits out of our hot tub - worked IMMEDIATELY with no scrubbing- we had been using an orange oil product, which barely worked at all - even after scrubbing for long periods of time.

I sprinkeled baking soda all over my parents deck and then filled a sprayer with vinegar. Soaked it all down until it stopped fizzing, have it 30 min and hit it with a pressure washer.

Removed 100% of the original stain and left some really nice wood ready for a new coat and color.

(This was after futzing around with commercial grade toxic stain removers in places and it not working very well at all. + the cost of the stain stripper was outrageous and the baking soda, vinegar and sprayer was a grand total of about $20)

If you follow the first few steps, you have the makings for a bunch of other things, like candles! Add in honey, and or olive oil and you have a great preservative,Gun lube, and metal protection! add in bees wax and you have even longer burning and hotter candles, add in olive oils and mix with borax or baking soda and you have soaps! once you can make your own, the possibilities are endless!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top