JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some of the posts reminded me that it has been reported to have be used to hunt whales. :confused:

As to the original question; it never really interested me. I don't do much in the way of long range shooting. When I did engage in hunting, I can't think of anything I'd employ a .50 BMG in pursuit of said. And they aren't cheap, to acquire or feed.

That said, it is bunk that some states have banned them and various congress critter supported federal level bans. If someone wants one, more power to them. :s0155:

Meh I banded CA back. One of my favorite patches in my truck:
Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 3.42.59 PM.png

As for the 50BMG. Don't have one. I would if I had a place I could shoot it now and then. Both gun clubs I belong to say "No 50BMG" and I don't have time to drive to Christmas Valley every time I get that 1K yrd shot itch. For me, it would be a range toy and something to hang on the wall. (I say as if the wife would go for it)

Long-distance tool for me I keep looking at is a 338L but the newer 300 PRC is looking even better now.

Not hard to find ammo for. And Not really expensive.
Bi-Mart even gets M33 FMJ .50 ammo and sells it for $30 a 10 round box. Or $3 a round. . It's even cheeper in other places.

For comparison. You can easily spend $60 on a box of .300 Weatherby ammo.

Considering you're putting the energy of ten .556 rounds down range [About 12,000-13,000 Foot Pounds of energy]. Withe every round?
The ten .556 would cost you $3 - $4.

And your finger don't get as tired with the .50 BMG.

[All prices are non-covid pricing of course. ]

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top