Other Hobbies - RC Flyers!

Reactions
I'm shamelessly pimping my flight-vids in the hopes of increasing my Youtube hits and thereby increasing my perceived electronic *endowment*.
This is my small plane, an HZ Supercub 3-channeler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slh8Kvb3aqs

Shes mostly stock, but as you can tell has been in and out of critical care for a while. The wings are re-enforced with duct tape, the landing gear are a little bent up, and the back 5 inches of the plane are held on with hot glue and toothpicks thanks to a particularly ill-placed telephone pole. She still flies, though, and I haven't broken any props so I'm pretty proud. I've also managed to upgrade my landings from 'controlled crash' to 'no more caffeine for the pilot'.
I'm currently in the process of re-building my 4-channel trainer, a Hobbico Superstar EP. After I taught myself the Immelman I decided to try a Split-S. This turned out to be a Bad Idea and resulted in a beautiful 1-point landing from 250 feet. The stock power setup just didn't have the power to pull me out of the dive. As soon as I get around to building a motor mount I'm sticking an e-Flite power-10 in and some nice Thunder Power LiPO batteries.

Anyone else here fly?

Reactions
I have been into this hobby since childhood.....balsa gliders to electric helis and now electric planes. Bought a Zaggy kit recently for a spring project. Have several unfinished projects..... including building the largest gun collection this side of the river...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom