JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi! I turn 21 pretty soon, and I am planning to get two suppressors on a trust.

I have read a bunch of threads about getting a trust and the steps involved, but I still have a few questions.

I want three other people (that I trust) on my trust (Dad, Mom, and best friend). I was planning on using Quicken Will Maker. I want these three other people, and myself, to be able to possess and legally use both of these suppressors without my presence. That means I am the Grantor AND trustee, and the three other people are trustees right? Answered.

Also, do I want a single revocable living trust? Or a Revocable one? I am not married. still need this one answered

Another question: what does getting a trust notarized mean? All of the threads I read say: "Step 4: Go get trust notarized" with no other explanation. What is a notary? Answered.

silencerco-osprey-01.jpg

Moving on to questions about my suppressor: One of the suppressors I want is an Osprey 45 (plan to use on a g17 and xd40). I have looked everywhere for what calibers are compatible with this suppressor, and I can't find a complete list. I know it works with .45, .40, 9mm, and 300blk, but I can't find the list of manufacturer approved calibers. What calibers can I use with the Osprey45? Answered

Also, is the Osprey 45 awesome? I think I am making the right choice for a great suppressor that doesn't obscure sights, and fits on a wide variety of firearms (I want this mainly for handguns).

Thank you for your time! If you can answer questions about my trust but not my suppressor that is perfectly ok! Thanks!

To answer the last two bolded questions:
You can use you 45 Osprey with almost any semi-auto pistol cartridge (wouldn't recommend .45 Win Mag), you can use most subsonic rifle ammo (.300BLK, 6.8SPC, etc). DO NOT USE IT WITH ANY SUPERSONIC RIFLE AMMO. I would not use it on .458 SOCOM/.450 Bushmaster, etc; you need a can with more volume.

It is awesome. That is why I own one.

To answer the last two bolded questions:
You can use you 45 Osprey with almost any semi-auto pistol cartridge (wouldn't recommend .45 Win Mag), you can use most subsonic rifle ammo (.300BLK, 6.8SPC, etc). DO NOT USE IT WITH ANY SUPERSONIC RIFLE AMMO. I would not use it on .458 SOCOM/.450 Bushmaster, etc; you need a can with more volume.

It is awesome. That is why I own one.

Thanks! Any complaints with yours? Any if you don't mind me asking, about how many rounds do you have through it?

A notary just means you go to your bank and one of the desk jockeys will be licensed to verify your ID and that indeed YOU signed a document, verifying that with your ID. Takes about ten minutes. If you have an account it is usually free, if not, $5 or so.

A notary just means you go to your bank and one of the desk jockeys will be licensed to verify your ID and that indeed YOU signed a document, verifying that with your ID. Takes about ten minutes. If you have an account it is usually free, if not, $5 or so.

So I could just roll over to first tech with my trust in hand and get this done?

Thanks so much for the info!

Thanks! Any complaints with yours? Any if you don't mind me asking, about how many rounds do you have through it?

I have no complaints, I did a lot of research before buying a can. So far, it has seen about 500 rounds of 10mm, 250rds of 9mm, and 100 300BLK subs. It works well on my 10mm (a little gassy but it takes the bark away) and is spooky quiet on both my 300BLK SBR (I now have an AAC 762SDN6 for supers) and my buddies Sig P226. If I was only going to run subs in my 300BLK, I'd leave the osprey on because it is so much lighter (20oz vs 11oz). I'm currently debating getting a Glock 17 or 21SF to complement my 20SF.

Hmm that makes me want to try my Osprey45 on my 300blk. SDN6 does pretty good though and looks more at home on the end of a rifle, QD, etc. But if it is significantly more quiet ...

Liberty Mystic is great for 300blk subs also and now rated ok for supers.

Hmm that makes me want to try my Osprey45 on my 300blk. SDN6 does pretty good though and looks more at home on the end of a rifle, QD, etc. But if it is significantly more quiet ...

Liberty Mystic is great for 300blk subs also and now rated ok for supers.

I'm not sure if the 45 Osprey is better than SDN6, it was my first time shooting suppressed and I haven't used it in on my 300BLK in a year or so. The 45 Osprey did average 130dB dry and 120dB wet in the video Silencerco made. The SDN6 metered at 130dB according to Major Malfunction's test on the silencer forum.

I did bought a quick willmaker at costco for $40. Did my things very simple just input name and it does everything for you. If you dont like it, take it back to costco for refund no question ask. Then I took it to get noterize from bank of america, because I have account with BoA it is free of charge. I made bunch of copies. I send 2 form 1 and a citizenship form and a copy of my trust. 5 months 3 weeks after they deposit my check I had my stamp on hand. Now i am sending form 2 forms 4 and a copy of my trust :) they deposit my check 3 weeks ago now I am just waiting. I am getting another suppressor early july. My goal is to snd in once a month so by december of this year I will get 1 new toy each month.

I did bought a quick willmaker at costco for $40. Did my things very simple just input name and it does everything for you. If you dont like it, take it back to costco for refund no question ask. Then I took it to get noterize from bank of america, because I have account with BoA it is free of charge. I made bunch of copies. I send 2 form 1 and a citizenship form and a copy of my trust. 5 months 3 weeks after they deposit my check I had my stamp on hand. Now i am sending form 2 forms 4 and a copy of my trust :) they deposit my check 3 weeks ago now I am just waiting. I am getting another suppressor early july. My goal is to snd in once a month so by december of this year I will get 1 new toy each month.
Thanks for the input. Another question for whoever: my best friend (who I want on the trust) lives in florida. Does he have to get notarized as well? Seeing him in person is not an option :p

This friend is moving back to Oregon in like 2 years

Thanks for the input. Another question for whoever: my best friend (who I want on the trust) lives in florida. Does he have to get notarized as well? Seeing him in person is not an option :p

This friend is moving back to Oregon in like 2 years

Nope, only the grantor (you) need to have the notary watch you sign the trust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top