JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally took delivery of my Osprey 45 this week, its awesome! I have a couple HK 45acp host weapons and it works flawlessly with those. My problem is when I switch the piston and use my glock 17 9mm, the suppressor starts to un-thread itself. I'm using a lone wolf barrel that is new, so I'm at a loss on why its doing this after 2-3 shots. Worried of a potential baffle strike on my new can, ugh

I'm assuming locktight will just gunk up the threads over time and wont be good to use since I want the ability to swap it on multiple host weapons each range session. Anyone have experience with the issue or have ideas? thank you much for the input.

Ps- I spoke to silencer co this AM and even though the guy was nice he didn't really have any feedback or ideas for me. I thought it was surprising since I've only heard good things about their CS

Best,
iflylo

I have some experience with this issue on a G21 LW barrel. I just use a little Teflon tape (plumber's type, $0.59/roll at Home Depot) on the threads. It keeps the threads clean, minimizes any blow-by gases and cinches up the suppressor nicely.

Works for me, YMMV.

Hey thank you for the suggestions everyone, I'm going to be testing both options at the range tomorrow. I'll cruise by home depot later, what size o-ring should I ask for if anyone knows on a 9mm?

If you have a REAL hardware store nearby, visit the plumbing department. Chances are good you'll be able to find an "assortment pack" of 3 or 4 sizes of "O" rings for about $3.00.
Once you know what size you need you'll be g2g.

Hey thank you for the suggestions everyone, I'm going to be testing both options at the range tomorrow. I'll cruise by home depot later, what size o-ring should I ask for if anyone knows on a 9mm?

Just bring the barrel (only) in with you and test some out. The o-ring should be a little smaller than the outside thread diameter to ensure a snug fit. Pick up some extras, they're cheap.

Wanted to update you guys: I went to HD and bought some Teflon tape and o-rings. Didn't get a chance to try the o-rings because after I wrapped a piece of teflon around the barrel once it worked fine. Shot multiple mags through it and no more issues. Thank you all again for the quick feedback, very helpful!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top