JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't wait until there are a million of us standing in line with out wheel barrows and garden carts full of firearms to be registered because morons managed to get IP43 made into law. Won't that be fun?
It only works if there IS a line...but they're counting on you being in it...so practice Duluth Trading (if you don't already have a pair), and DON'T BE IN IT ! Mass de-compliance has worked many times, and the law ( U S Constitution ) is behind us on this.

So your saying this new firearms law will be as effective as the CELL PHONE LAW. I drive dump truck I can see down in to all but the highest pickups. And I can tell you easily 1 in 4 people are holding their phone in their hand and at least 1 in 5-6 of them are texting at stops and 1 in 10 are talking with then either held out in front of them or up to their ears.
Yeah, a law that the state was going to crack down on people and I see time and again people talking on their phones or texting-saw a guy doing that yesterday after leaving work.

So your saying this new firearms law will be as effective as the CELL PHONE LAW. I drive dump truck I can see down in to all but the highest pickups. And I can tell you easily 1 in 4 people are holding their phone in their hand and at least 1 in 5-6 of them are texting at stops and 1 in 10 are talking with then either held out in front of them or up to their ears.

Same here. I see people on their cell phones all the time. Enforcement? I don't know that it really happens. Folks certainly don't seem too concerned about it.

Same here. I see people on their cell phones all the time. Enforcement? I don't know that it really happens. Folks certainly don't seem too concerned about it.

The only way it would become a issue if said weapon was involved in an event that required law enforcement, however in regards to this law if zero people show up to register I think that will speak louder then any voter crap. There was a time other issues in our country were put to a vote, Prohibition, to name a biggies and people did what they were going to do and the Gov could suck eggs.
I would never advise someone to break a law, but this law if passed would be illegal in its own right so disobeying it is not illegal its your civic duty to oppose it.

The only way it would become a issue if said weapon was involved in an event that required law enforcement, however in regards to this law if zero people show up to register I think that will speak louder then any voter crap. There was a time other issues in our country were put to a vote, Prohibition, to name a biggies and people did what they were going to do and the Gov could suck eggs.
I would never advise someone to break a law, but this law if passed would be illegal in its own right so disobeying it is not illegal its your civic duty to oppose it.

There will always be some that will be eager to get in line for the government. "I'm here to do my civic duty officer, just like a good citizen!!" o_O When CT first put their registration law in place, the news had some video of folks lined up to register their guns. Of course they found some of those willing to talk on camera so they could make statements like "why wouldn't a gun owner want to register their guns?" or "I don't have anything to worry about, I haven't done anything wrong", and, of course "no one is coming for my guns". Just a bunch of propaganda from the supposed pro-gun traitors that are all too happy to give away our rights to apparently assuage some phony guilt they have. It's all BS.

E4mafia ...

Designed to crap out at any moment by design and intent. BY DESIGN. And at the worse possible time. By design. By intent?

Consider the above for a minute. Now consider the complete opposite of the above. Examples. Fire Departments at the maximum and police departments maybe less of the maximum. This means fail safe public safety agencies.

Agencies through history, design and intent to not fail at crucial moments of time. Fire Departments in particular. My old fire outfit went to extraordinary efforts not to fail at exactly the wrong time. Expensive. Exhaustive. ISO Class I.

Police agencies perhaps less so? Maybe more politically driven and controlled? Dunno about that. Maybe. Now we have a State Agency controlling A BASIC GUARANTEE AS SPECIFICALLY WRITTEN IN THE UNTIED STATES CONSTITUTION.

And what do they do? Under staff. Under fund. Under command and control. A sub section of a very lousy State Safety Agency that historically and now today exhibits on going FAILURE TO PERFORM. If it had been my old fire department?

Fired. No probation. No paid suspension. Just fired. Gone with the wind. Failure to perform. But this was 40 years ago. What has happened to the USA Constitutional mandate and OATH OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE US CONSTITUTION?

Rant completed.

@HB of CJ
That little synopsis you so eloquently penned (typed) made the entire situation seem about 100 times worse than I already thought it was. Bravo.

"We are going to have to raise the background check fee to cover the cost of replacing the outdated system. It simply was not designed to keep up with the number of checks performed these days."

Rrrrrright.......gun control via tax/background check fees.

I saw it coming.

The Liberal Gun Grabbers knew what was gonna be their next move, even before the measure passed. Too bad there are/were so many people that voted for Universal Background Checks (thinking that it would not be such a big deal). Oh yeah.....remember, this was sold to the voters as a "loophole and safety issue."

Starts at $10......call it a "users fee." It will be only a matter of time before the BGC fee is $100 or more.*

Not to mention, how the Nazis used their gun control laws to ensure their domination on the population. You know........only "trusted individuals" should be allowed to own firearms.

Yup, there was and continues to be......gun owners who support this $^#*. Shame on them for being so naive.

Aloha, Mark

*This way.......technically.......you aren't being denied a Right. They're just making it difficult for you to comply with the legalities. Oh.....let's not stop there. Why not raise it to $1000?

Last Edited:
"We are going to have to raise the background check fee to cover the cost of replacing the outdated system. It simply was not designed to keep up with the number of checks performed these days."
Wait a minute - Don't lots of BGCs mean lots of $10 fees that could be used to improve/update the system? If they are swamped with work they should be swamped with revenue. Where does the money go?

I think Reno911 was being sarcastic with the post about raising BGC fees as a joke about the over all system.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top