JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this makes it sound like anyone who picked up a firearm with the "3 day rule" and doesn't get an approval before the 8th will actually not get approved until they get a permit... Is that going to lead to thousands of Oregonians illegally owning firearms? What a poop show.

The State still has NO TRAINING established, no locations, no specific requirements, no cost, and no certified instructors, or by whom they are certified! It's a whole cluster and there is ZERO chance they can have it up and running by the 8th @ 8:01 AM SHARP!
I sure hope the court is made aware of this fact!

So how does the "3 day rule" actually work? Is the firearm legally transferred at that point, and the only way it can be "recovered" by state/federal agents is in the event of a DENIED background check? Or do you just temporarily get to take possession until the background check is approved, and if you don't get an approval (not denied, just not approved), the gun gets "recovered"?

The 3 day rule kept the government in check to not balk on our 2A rights by delaying forever. Many dealers ignored this due to possible law suits.
I think they are ok as at THIS time, the state of Oregon does not "register" firearms. They run a BGC to see if you are legally able to have it, but not tag that firearm to you. Technically, once the firearm leaves the store, it is supposed to be "in the wind" and not registered to anyone. Thats what I have heard. I know that every one is on a data base one way or another, but that's the way it's supposed to work. The only thing a denied BGC recipient should be charged with is applying for a firearm and being a convicted felon If the 3 day rule is used and possession of "some unknown firearm". There should not be a specific firearm Tied to their name. Hence the "no registration of firearms" in Oregon.… in a perfect world. Not a lawyer don't play one and this is only for conversation only

Let me step back a bit. The state of Oregon is not supposed to keep a database of who has firearms, or what firearms are sold to whom. It falls on the dealers (ffl holders) to keep track of their sales.

Let me step back a bit. The state of Oregon is not supposed to keep a database of who has firearms, or what firearms are sold to whom. It falls on the dealers (ffl holders) to keep track of their sales.
BUT BUT BUT,...................OSP was caught more then twice LYING about keeping a registry, AND that Thunderkunt K8 Ordered them by E.O. to maintain records indefinitely! So, we DO HAVE Defacto Registry here in OryGun!

So this makes it sound like anyone who picked up a firearm with the "3 day rule" and doesn't get an approval before the 8th will actually not get approved until they get a permit... Is that going to lead to thousands of Oregonians illegally owning firearms? What a poop show.
3 day rule is valid until the 8th. So if you get your gun before the 8th under the 3 day rule it's legal. And they can't go back. IMHO. Basically it was legal at the time type deal.

From my understanding, and I'm not an attorney, as long as the FFL releases the firearm under the three day rule before December 8, it's still under current laws in Oregon. Again I am not an attorney but that's how I would read it. Just shooting the poop with some gun guys

That makes sense, and it sounds like OSP is currently just saying they won't process background checks after the 8th unless the person has a permit. However, I wonder if that will turn into "we will DENY background checks due to the person not qualifying to purchase a firearm in Oregon" (due to not having a permit), thus causing an issue for 3-day purchasers.

I don't know, though, and I think very few people, if any, know at this point.

That makes sense, and it sounds like OSP is currently just saying they won't process background checks after the 8th unless the person has a permit. However, I wonder if that will turn into "we will DENY background checks due to the person not qualifying to purchase a firearm in Oregon" (due to not having a permit), thus causing an issue for 3-day purchasers.

I don't know, though, and I think very few people, if any, know at this point.
I think you are right, after the 8th. Until then, law says 3 day max on BGC, then the FFL has the right to release the firearm. Will the FFL release the firearm is up to how positive they can be sure that the person is allowed by law to own firearms. I know some FFL's are releasing after 3 days to CHL holders, not to non CHL's. After the 8th, their hands are tied, even if you purchased before the 8th and got your paperwork in. No "permit", no gun after the 8th.
If you hate the way our rights are being siphoned from us, donate to OFF, or one of the shooting groups that have filed suit against 114. Take a dem out shooting! See if they have fun. We can still have standard sized mags at the range, at home, just not to protect ourselves with. And tell the criminal who's shooting up your house he's breaking the law by having 11+1

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top